How To Make - Ruby with Enamour / 661

this has been a lot of fun. especially building everything from the ground up. superb

One of my Fave courses already and only on Tutorial 4, full of great hints and tips. Top Tutorial!!

1 Like

Yea, same for me… Watching this over night and really enjoy Enamour’s workflow & techniques inside Live right from the first videos. The creative process really benefits from simple but cleaver & efficient tips here, you can see that he knows his DAW. The “Mix on the Go” approach while developing the track & the attention payed to levels, midi velocity, unwanted frequencies filtering…etc is an excellent lesson about how it pays off to try to make it sound good right from the beginning and also to mix at a lower volume. Very happy to see producers taking care of this nowadays :slight_smile:

Next to this, the track is really appealing with a “sun-rising” energy & good vibes to it : excellent track & course @enamour thank you for sharing this on S.A. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to Use the Post-fx option in fl studio when you create reverb or whatever kind of sends? Same way enamour does on Tutorial 07 at around 4mins

Hey @Kappakd

Not currently using FL here but maybe this should help, there’s a Pre/Post mentioned in the “External Audio Inputs & Outputs” section if you scroll down from top page :
https://www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/mixer.htm

Mixer Functions
Mixer Controls
Routing Instrument Channels to Mixer Tracks
External Audio Inputs & Outputs

Thanks Enamour for sharing so many of your workflow and creative techniques. I’m only on Arrangement Part 1 and I’ve immediately adopted many of your subtle detailed techniques. I really would’ve liked to discover this remix contest sooner but I’ll see if I can get into a flow in the next few days! :facepunch:
Odd thing is I just started a project inspired by Ruby (primarily the fast/almost modular melody) just a week ago that has really been gaining momentum.
Cheers m8!

Awesome tutorial. Picked up heaps of tips, tricks and workflow ideas. Really informative style of presenting. Thanks so much Enamour, already looking forward to the next one!

I’ve finally finished the course and have to say it’s by far been my favourite. So many tips, well explained and a great track. I hope to see more from Enamour, Anjunadeep and this style in general. Didn’t have enough free time for the remix competition but best of luck to everyone.

1 Like

@NathanHatter

Definitely agree, very brilliant producer & teacher and the Melodic House & Techno is getting more & more praised by artist & listeners. Producers like Stephan Bodzin, Lane 8, Enamour, & the young talented Ben Böhmer are rocking this genre at the moment. Must listen artists IMO if you like this genre.

Enamour has got a Discography Playlist on Spotify, I’ll PM you the link since it’s screwing up the comments display when I paste it here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree, Lutrell and Yotto too, yesterday I watched a YouTube video from anjundeep where Braxton gave some studio insight on his latest track, maybe he can be the next one :eyes:

1 Like

i loveeeeeee this

Enamour’s tutorial is perhaps the best on this site. Really enjoyed this one! Lots of great tips with regard to mixing and getting the most out of virtual synthesizers (and getting that analogue character).

The Project files doesn’t work in my ableton installation. maybe they are 32bit?

Hey @gimo777

All working fine here with Live Suite 10.0.06 in 64bit, those .als project files are definitely not 32bit ones, only warning you should get is about the plug-in that can’t be find if you don’t own them all, but that’s it. It should open in a x64 Live install.

What version of Live are you running ? Do you have any error message ?

Also maybe it’s good to try a nes fresh download and use another archive extractor application to avoid any files corruption issue.

i.e : Here is the last .ALS file from the project folder, opened in Live 10
( You need to use the “Continue discussion on the forums” link below to view the screenshot.

There’s plenty to learn here in this extremely well considered track dissection from Enamour. So rare to find a legitimate producer willing to devote the energy and hours to sharing his process. This really is a gift for budding producers. If you have even a passing interest in the genre you need to digest this!

1 Like

‘Unlike Carnage I dont need it way much more louder…’
Hilarious!

Amazing tutorials so far, really filling in many gaps of knowledge or tricks.

Thanks man, keep smashin it

By far the most informative and in depth tutorial on this site. Thanks Enamour for taking the time to go into such detail.

Agree with STNKNMNK comment. This is an awesome and extensive tutorial with lots of concepts to take in. One of the best Sonic Academy. Thanks @enamour. Question… When mastering were all tracks rendered including the buses, returns or just the individual tracks, returns and not the buses. Enamour did go through some saturation ,reverb, wash out etc on the buses so I’m guessing the buses. I use Ableton live.

thanks! all the stems were rendered with buses, etc. (one at a time)

so looking forward to getting stuck into this tutorial, right up my street this sound