How To Make - Ruby with Enamour / 661

‘Unlike Carnage I dont need it way much more louder…’
Hilarious!

Amazing tutorials so far, really filling in many gaps of knowledge or tricks.

Thanks man, keep smashin it

By far the most informative and in depth tutorial on this site. Thanks Enamour for taking the time to go into such detail.

Agree with STNKNMNK comment. This is an awesome and extensive tutorial with lots of concepts to take in. One of the best Sonic Academy. Thanks @enamour. Question… When mastering were all tracks rendered including the buses, returns or just the individual tracks, returns and not the buses. Enamour did go through some saturation ,reverb, wash out etc on the buses so I’m guessing the buses. I use Ableton live.

thanks! all the stems were rendered with buses, etc. (one at a time)

so looking forward to getting stuck into this tutorial, right up my street this sound

Awesome set of videos - really useful to see how the pro’s achieve so much by using the correct techniques and not millions of layers. Also, one tip I thought is handy - holding alt (windows) when clicking a track will collapse/expand all at once, rather than 1 by 1

@enamour One thing I’m curious about in the drums portion: I understand the need to BUS audio when mixing in general, however I have been using the ‘Group’ as my BUS. I noticed that you have sent them all to a standalone audio track.

Is there an incentive when using this approach as opposed to using the Group as the BUS? For example, when rendering out stems for mixing it will treat the group as its own BUS and will process everything within the group as a rendered reference track.

Hi there @the_usher

Just a tip here, try to include the @forum_username like I did with yours to have the tutor notified & get a better chance to get a response. You can search usernames from the Menu/Users icon on the top right on the forums, most of the time if you browse through a tutorial discussion topic, you will see if the tutor already replied to other members, in this case you can see that Enamour already replied, so it’s the simplest way to find a tutor’s username :slight_smile:

I’ve edited your post to add it now.

Back to your question ( though the tutor would be the best person to answer according to his own workflow ), one interesting & main difference to bus tracks within a Group or to send them all to another Audio Track is the ability to choose to send dry/wet audio signal to the receiving Audio channel. It might be more convenient with some effects & post-processing as well as to render dry & wet stems for further mixing purpose. If you want to do that using a Group, you’ll need to deactivate all your effects per channel + the group before rendering.

good job

Looking forward so much to watching this whole course! Feedback coming soon.

1 Like

@maddkiss

Feedback always welcome on the forums ! :wink:

Hope you will enjoy this course, the track is just awesome and next to be a great producer Enamour is also a great teacher and that makes the course even more enjoyable to follow.

great track

just perfect.

One of the best start to finish i’ve seen!

1 Like

Good tutorial. Probably one of the best.

2 Likes

@Lodewijk_Werle @cciomag

Agreed :wink:, Enamour is a brilliant producer & tutor.
Have you checked his new drums tutorial yet ?

This is worth watching just for the trill sound technique. Really top tutorial

1 Like

Any chance of having the project files in VST for us Windows users?

@Dextercousins

No unfortunately, that would imply the tutor to redo the all course from scratch using VST plugins.

That said, though I can understand that the project files are convenient to quickly load them in Live and check the end result, bear in mind that you also have the stems in order to compare your own mix with the finished track.

Next to that, there’s no fun & it’s not really a good learning curve to use an already done project IMO, even if you own the same plugins. Best way is to start from scratch and since Enamour’s course is very detailed, if you own the same plugins in VST format under Windows, you’ll be able to recreate everything without problems and that’s a very good way to learn.

I am super late on this but what a fantastic tutorial. Enamour many thanks for writing this - I learnt so much from it and would be really keen to see another from you±