How To Make - Synthwave with The Midnight / 547

@alecritson I guess it keeps the focus on arrangement and mixing, not to get sidetracked into sound design, and there are other courses for that.

Thanks for doing this, Tim. Great course, great track :slight_smile:

Excellent.

Very good music and tutorial. I’ve enjoyed every second. Thank you very much!

Great tutorial!

Excellent music and tutorial, it was very informative.

Great all around. Really fun to watch and very informative. Thank you for taking the time to put this together Tim!

This is wonderful, he is a genious. But the problem is these stems are already so ready, subtle modiications wouldn’t teach much. if someone mixed Madonna’s Live To Tell (has veryy muffled stems but the final mix is amazing) it would be super helpful.
Big fan of The Midnight though!!

@cankucuck17 wow I also thinked about Madonna’s live to tell song some days ago, I’d love to know how emulate it.

About the dreamy synth… well, what do you have to do to actually make it so dreamy? At least with the main synth you see the process, but with the YAMAHA DX synth sound there’s no explanation at all.

This helped a lot dude. Thanks so much. It’s exactly what I needed and MY FAVOURITE TRACK. Godsend. Peace!

Great Work! Love the song and looking forward to learning from it.

Nice !!

So incredibly helpful. I love The Midnight, and I’ve been really exploring Synthwave/Retrowave recently. This series was a great course in understanding the components of this genre, and how to really put the picture together.

Tim is a phenomenal songwriter and producer. I joined the site just to access this course, and I am so happy that I did!

This was great to see how The Midnight works, and hear why he makes certain decisions. It could’ve gone into a little more detail about how to make some of the presets from scratch, but overall it was great to see the full process.

Very kewl.

Very nice track. Great production values.

Amazing artist …

Excellent! No comments!

Yeah I’m also super curious about how to capture that Dream Synth sound. I’ve been trying to make something like it in FM8 and it’s not really working out. It’s so smooth. If anyone has any knowledge of this or presets that they know of I’d love to see them. Awesome tutorials though. <3

Great tutorial and I laughed out loud at the “kick drum blunder”!

As for the Dream synth, I’ve recreated that sound using an Oberheim OB-Xa emulation, a free VST actually: OB-Dx https://obxd.wordpress.com/

Fantastic stuff, Tim! Became a fan after watching this :slight_smile: