How To Make - Techno 2014 with Steve Ward / 286

yo bro, i normally work with heavily compressed percussion loops pitched down or kick drum sequences.
percussion loops that have been pulled from a record or originally something that was mic'd up work well as they give that space between the beats you cant get when sequencing digitally samples :-)

thanks mate

Thanks Steve, as you say yes i'll get busy trying to create some similar type sounds by messing with kick drums, reversing etc into little sequences. The Sonic guys actually did a little tutorial trying to explain how you create these types of sounds, don't know if you saw it. Thanks again for your help mate, this was a really good tutorial and i learnt a lot from it - cheers mate.

Fantastic tutorial! Bangin' track and your process was very easy to follow. I especially liked how you set up the groups, and the synth sound creation. I really learned alot. Thanks again!!!

Nice tutorial steve! Will check it now

really nice tutorial overall. Loved the threshold automation tip on white noise. Sad you changed the rhytmic pattern of the resample, really liked the first one, would have just put it more on the background but thats artistic choice, thanks for sharing knowledge

I loved this tutorial and learned a lot! Here is how mine came out, obviously quite similar to the original but I changed some things to give it my own touch!

https://soundcloud.com/evnsdj/...

Thank you Steeve Ward , Nice tutorial .

Yo Steve,

this is one of the best tuts around here and definitely one of the best tracks. I am following along for over five hours, yet still the drops got me fistpumping. Never would have considered your workflow (starting in arrangement view), but that's exactly why I learned a lot of this course. One thing I missed however is how you select your sounds in the first place – many of them sound kind of unspectacular if you listen to them dry (like when previewing them while browsing through some sample library) and I would have easily skipped them, but in the tune they fit absolutely perfect. I'd like to learn what you look out for when choosing the sounds. Otherwise this was a great course and I took tons of inspiration for my work. Thanks man!

I'd loved to watch this tutorial in LPX. If you make something new on SA, could you make it in LPX ?.
I'll try to figure out how to put it together in logic. Congrats from barcelona!

Thank you to Steve ward a sign à track on the label bedroomrecords09 :
https://pro.beatport.com/track...

My track on Beatport pro with Bedroomrecords09.
Fabrice G - True in the voice
https://pro.beatport.com/track...
Thank you Steve ward .

Escape your mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWe7D_DsaDs

1 Like

Great course. I really like how Steve goes through the f/x and all the stuff that many other courses fail to detail.

a great tutorial filled with some great tips however i do find it is dragged out a little more than it should be and can be a bit tedious to watch

I opened the project and it’s clipping, don’t know why. Also wave parts were not loaded.

A great tutorial, particularly the bass section, the low end rumble technique is very useful.

Hey @Blake_Davis - you might like this tech tip also dealing with low end rumble in techno Tech Tips Volume 16 - Producer Tips & Tricks taught by Industry Professionals | Tutorial 162 - Low Shizzle

Thank you great tutorial

You are sooo funny Steve !

Love how u refer to the samples as ‘bad boys’ lol

I usually feel so lost and confused when learning about production

But Steve’s use of subliminal programming. - actually worked … everything did feel like it was ‘ pretty damn fuckin easy ‘ he he

I bought this tutorial like 6 years ago … and only just found it on an old hard drive now and decided to do it … So pissed I didn’t do it back in 2014

Love the way you chop up audio and piece it back together so creatively.

Oh and that trick to crank up the samples by consolidating them … yay … fucking genius :pray::sparkles: