How To Make - Techno With Jim Rivers / 349

Techno With Jim Rivers

View Course

Crossing the many bridges between house and techno with relaxed dignity, Jim River's, a rare mix of educator and entertainer here on Sonic Academy for the first time gives us a unique insight into his production regime. From the ideas and setup to creating a workflow involving both Ableton Live and Logic Pro. So sit back and enjoy nearly two's hour of this techno pioneer skillz.....

Brilliant TUtorial, but it is not in ableton, rather LOGIC

I think it was completely and complexly awesome. I wanted to do the same work flow between Logic and Ableton and also Reason besides Pro-tools. A little greedy I guess. &#034Bottom line... Its info. like this that gets the mind gears turning.&#034

Where do I click to hear the finished track in its entirety ? thanks.

Great tutorial...well done Mr Rivers....extremely helpful as I planned on starting to use the same workflow ...cheers!

Jim Rivers is so cooool

great tutorial!
in the early arrange video you use the low cut insert! is that an AU pluggin that comes with logic? i cant find it! cn i just automate the low cut on the channel eq to do the same?

great tutorial, thanks!

Great tutorial! great vibe sound... Love this kind of techno!

@River .. Where do you find theese great PAD samples.
Im having a hard time getting good sounding pads, its what i find most difficult, the add of warmth.

Thank u very much for the whole thing, really interresting tips and technics, i was just wondering if u know where we could find any of those samples u used in order to do this particular track
Thanks for it, cheers

The bass was made totally on Logic and i use Ableton?

Is there another video made on ableton?

Nice tutorial but quite dissapointed by the style of the outcome. Would expect something much more towards the deep house or techno from Jim Rivers.

very un interesting track to work on, but at least I picked up a couple of tricks, by no means eye opener tutorial

Tutorials are based on samples manipulated in Ableton, and patched into Logic.

the EQ section of this tutorial is excellent.

Great tutorial, many thanks!

really enjoyed this one!