How To Make - Uplifting Trance 2017 with James Dymond / 553

Thanks

massive

nice insights, well explained. A step closer to my goal! thx

Brilliant Course. Watched Countless times

Simply awesome! Thank you James for sharing your knowledge.

Great Course! Learned a ton!

Wow!
GreAT amount of information Here! :slight_smile:

Can you explain when moving down 4 semitones we have C major as relative major of E minor. But looking at the circle of fifth it’s G major

Really uplifting tutorial! Hope to see more from James in the future! =)

This course made me come back to sonic academy.

This is great, particularly atmosphere, FX and transitions - learned a lot from this. Thanks

Great course from a great producer!

Best course I’ve ever seen. James is a great producer, and spares no secrets in this excellent tutorial. I found the Piano composition and atmosphere sections incredibly useful for my own productions

If you are going to talk over the first 2 mins of the preview track - then please provide a separate talk-free version of the finished track

Hey @davidwogan

Most of the time that won’t happen to have a clean full track preview which makes sense for obvious copyright & audio material protection reasons. :wink:

Hello!

Great course! Thanks you for this.

I m thinking i m gonna inv my money into the plugins you are using. Virtual Mixbuss is that the same as VCC 2.0? Because i cant find that one yr using here. Its not the same UI and i cant fint it on the website slatedigit.com.

So i was just wondering if they upgraded the one you use here to 2.0?

Hey @Vega2k

If you’re digging the Slate Digital plug-ins and they virtual mixing studio approach, I suggest you to have a look to those 2 courses :

That will give you a clear overview and good foundation about what you can achieve with those Plug-Ins.

VCC ( I’m referring here to the “Virtual Console Collection” https://www.slatedigital.com/virtual-console-collection/ ) is still available by Slate but it’s just one module within the Everything Bundle, therefore the subscription plan for the Everything Bundle could be something to consider IMO.

Thank you for this fast answer hehe :-).

Yes but, the ting is. I was looking for that spesific plugin Jame was using. And i cant fint it, it looks like the plugin is upgraded.

I cant find the same VCC hes using, i mean the UI of it (look of it). When i go the the website Slate, i see this collection yr talking about. If i buy that one: VCC2.0 is it the same Virtual buzz hes using ? Exept its a new look on it? Like a new UI ? so if i pay 149 dollars for this. Will i get the same thing that he uses?

Hey again @Vega2k

Yep, the Slate Plug-ins have all been updated since this tutorial was done, that would explain the change of the GUI & look of the VCC 2.0, now features wise, it might be worth to check or ask directly from Slate Digital website. I assume that functionalities have been improved & not the opposite but sometimes plug-ins manufacturers may drop some previous feature in place of new ones or new plug-in design & features approach, so if you’re really after a specific feature that you saw in this tutorial, better ask Slate support to be sure. I also think that they have an archive or legacy download area, something to check to be sure :slight_smile: that might allow you to use previous version once you got a license. In the case of VCC they have a 1.5.2 version but this one is not AAX compatible. https://slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211732197-VCC-1-5-2-Legacy-Installers

Okei.

I know i found it out :). I did what you said. I made a payment plan with them. The biggest one. So i need to pay EACH year.
Thx for this. And the tip!

This toturial was alot of help for me. Know i understand everything, only hard ting to do now is to come up with my own melody.
Thanks!
Regards:

Vega