How To Make - Uplifting Trance 2019 with James Dymond / 804

Great Course :slight_smile:

good work

Great tutorial. Very in depth and great explanation as to why you were doing things. Learned alot, Thanks

Learning so much and I have only just started tutorial 9

I’m really loving this course. A quick question @James_Dymond are you using Slicex with the percussion loops ?

Absolutely brilliant course, everything is really well explained. So helpful. Thank you James!

Great Course, learnt a lot from it :slight_smile:

2 months into my music production learning and I followed this course to a T in Ableton. Thank you James, your teaching style is very clear and easy to follow

Thanks you James…most very important lessons!!!

Love your teaching style James, and your approach to producing a track can be followed by someone new to it. Thank you!

Nice tips, thanks!

very good indeed

Excellent Course James, thanks for all of your hard work.

Really excellent tutorial, James are always the best!

Learned so much from just the first lesson alone!

thanks james. You taught me a lot. Please do composition and sound design course in the future.

Amazing tutorial, thanks james

Hi James, great deep tutorials. My pad is cut at 14K but the high end is muddying my mix. How do you advise to approach it? remove the high cut and filter my pad while busy in the mix or any other option? Thank you.

@Carlo89

I would start by taking a look into the instrument itself and that Pad settings to check what’s likely causing the higher frequency range to peak out. It might be easier ( and lead to a better sounding result ) to automate parameters like filter cutoff, resonance, any onboard synth Fx like Eq, Compressor… or even simply automating the synth output level.

The idea here is to get back to the source and try to fix issues at the earlier stage possible.

Hi Stephane,

Thanks For the fast reply.
I’ll look into it, I have 2 pads layers one covering the mid and the second the high from Spire initialized the preset and the 3rd osc has 7 voices, its cutoff open around 85% the problem if you cut to 70% the pad loose its drive and become dark because of my cut at 14 K on the eq
but usually for pad cutting at 14k is ideal or you need to leave it more open?