How To Make - Uplifting Trance with James Dymond / 254

Great video really enjoyed the series!!! Nice side-chain techniques and ideas

Where’s the sub bass preset? That seems to have been skipped?

SUB Dymond uplifting course.preset (1.1 KB)
Here ya go, hope this helps @amclellan84

1 Like

Thanks!

P.s. Can’t wait to see you play at Wax format in Glasgow!

How do you match the cut off filter to 100% in Ableton like you do in the leads video in FL? Thanks.

I agree with jmag02 Let the Tutors/producers use there favorite plugins they normally use on a day to day bases i think if your asking them to use ana and kick as part of the deal could actually hold them back a bit from what they normally use on a day to day bases. The tracks actually might sound better if they can use there own preferred go to plugins.

We generally let them use whatever they like - if they can recreate the sound afterwards in ANA then it makes more sense for them to do that as it is usually a much cheaper alternative for those who do not own a soft synth yet!.

Just finished this. Top notch. Looking forward to doing the Psy trance one now!

Great course! It could be nice if James explained how he designed the sounds in the synth.

I would prefer that he used samples and synths that he would choose himself. I have plenty of synths and don’t want to buy ANA. Also I think many of the synths have small differences that makes a big difference in the end.

Really good course. Good fun and learnt a lot. Agree with the below comments about the use of ANA, you are somewhat limited if you decide not to purchase the vst. Perhaps a native FL synth could be an option.

So what is the next recommended step for getting a track signed, after finishing such a tutorial? I mean, are there any chances for someone to get a track signed after using this tutorial as a starting point?

Also, did anyone understanding anything regarding the bass in the breakdown? He just does stuff very quickly without actually explaining what he was doing.

Superb master class. Thank you James. I’ve lost count of the valuable techniques, ideas and thought processes I have acquired from you.

awesome!

Very great tutorial. A Lot of usefull informations here. Tks !

Did anyone else find the pads killed their cpu?

I’m using Sylenth1 instead of A.N.A., and 4 pads seems to be too much for my CPU as well. I7 6700HQ
With 3 pads, it works better.

I have learned a great deal from this course. I completed it using Ableton Live and am pleased with the result I got. Many thanks to James and the guys at Sonic Academy for a great tutorial.

This course has been up for a while now but i keep coming back to it because of all the solid info. James is a natural teacher.

James is a really good teacher, he should make more tutorials. This course was really great.