How To Make - Uplifting Trance with James Dymond / 254

Great course! James has been my favourite tutor so far. He thoroughly explains what he’s doing and displays a very OCD and tidy workflow.

This was a fantastic course. James does a great job explaining things, really puts into perspective how much time and effort a full blown trance track can take. Definitely watch this, follow along in FL Studio, and take notes!

1 Like

I always wanted to learn how to make trance but what kept me back was the fact that I am using Ableton Live and the tutorial is using FL Studio. I have put this ‘problem’ aside and started following this tutorial. I am very happy I did. It is very good to follow, even though I do not have FL Studio. I have to admit though that the workflow in FL Studio seems entirely different from Ableton Live and also a bit inefficient it seems. Is that right? Why are you using FL Studio? I do not know FL Studio so I am very interested in hearing what is so good about it. Anyway, thanks for this great tutorial! You are explaining everything you do and that is great!

Hi James, thank you for this very good Tutorial… Helped me much… Have learned a lot… You are a really good producer and a great teacher… Thx

Very informative!

I was pretty much clueless when it came to structuring my tracks and mixing sounds in. This course got me up to speed pretty quick. I’ve watched it all the way through 4 times now just to catch all the little details. I wish he would have gone a little further into Sound design, but overall, this tutorial is outstanding. Great for beginners imo.

I REALLY enjoyed this course! The song was great, and all of the information was really well presented. There was a ton of new stuff to absorb. I look forward to doing another tutorial from James Dymond. Thanks for the great tutorial :slight_smile:

Thanks James for this awesome tutorial. Also, it was a pleasure to see you at Ministry of Sound, your set was soo good!

Nice track. I can’t wait to watch this course :smiley:

Do you recommend EQing the kick immediately when I add the kick in? All my previous music was laid out on the playlist before I bothered with EQing and adding effects.

Great course!

Hey @daverney

there’s a really in depth course about this here that you perhaps find interesting :

Great course only half way through, also using it cross platform as I am using Abelton not FL, if you know your way about Abelton and are handy enough it is not too diffcult to grasp!! Keep them coming

Anyone know how to do the automation on the plugin parameters, explained in the Lead video in the tutorial, in Ableton? As in making the 100% automation the top point of the cutoff in the plugin so I can automate everything together. Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

thanks James this is helping me no end

This has been very helpful James, You have this way of explaining things like no other. I have learned a lot thanks to you. Now basically everything makes sense. Thank you again! :slight_smile:

great lesson

He is a genius

Really Good course, Excellent tip about EQ-ing the fundamentals in.

This course is exceptionally good from start to finish. I was struggling with fitting track elements together, getting really flat sounds and muddy mixes, but that has changed considerably since working through this course. Having been through it several times as reference when creating own tunes, new things are learned nearly every day.

Really looking forward to working through James’ other courses.