How To Use - Ableton Live 9 Beginner Level 1 / 325

Do you perhaps have an earlier version installed and its using that to open the resources.

Try an “open project” directly within Live 9.

Awesome course and very easy to follow. Can’t wait to take the next one!

Hello. Under Windows 10 unzipping the resources file prompts the user with 12 errors about file path correction. What is the recommended way of sharing the details of this?

Hi

I expect they are files with “_.” in their names - these are MAC specific files - you don’t need to worry about these.
Unzipping with 7zip should ignore these files.

HELP

Hi, love the tutorial but i have a question. When i am creating my drum beat in the impulse there seems to be some sort of echo or reverb and when i press stop it like continues for a bit and fades out. My settings are the same as yours and im very confused!

have you got the channel sends on? - you might be sending some of the channel to your reverb

Hi! Does this course come with ready-to-use samples, loops or MIDI-clips? Or is everything created from scratch?

It comes with all the project files / samples used during the course so that you can follow along exactly as the tutor is doing

Thanks Bryan, this class really got me rolling with Ableton!

1 Like

:ok_hand:

Hi Brian, really enjoying the course. Are there any plans for a level 3 course?

Hey

Yes it’s possible we may add further levels to this series in the future

Hello bryan, I also have ableton suite but why do you have extra stuff in your samples that I don’t have?

will this teach you how to edit and mix music as well?

It shows you how to create a track from scratch using Ableton Live and will show you briefly how to do some simple mixing yes.

The names of the videos are all there in the tracklisting as well as descriptions when you click on them on the left

Great course, thank you Bryan. Have had Live for years and never really got into it, this has inspired me. Plenty of free courses on the internet but this is worth a month’s subscription on its own.

1 Like

@serioustiger Great news, go dive into to Level 2 and then some ‘How To Make’ courses!

Already did Chris, thanks!

Bryan will this help a beginner who has never used ableton before create a track from nothing ?

that’s exactly what it was made for !

1 Like