How To Use - Ableton Live Intro - Beginner / 428

Ableton Live Intro - Beginner

View Course

Learn everything you need to know to get you started making music with the entry level music production software - Ableton Live Intro. From making beats to mixing your track you’ll find it all here!

I thought this tutorial was excellent. I am very new to Ableton and DAW in general. I found the little nuances extremely helpful. I've followed a number of tutorials on YouTube, non of which discuss the use of Impulse and Simpler. I also thought lesson 12 creating the arrangement on the fly was pure genius. Many Thanks. Steve

Now I understand the session view!

Really nice and helpfull introduction to Ableton Live Intro!

only starting to use ableton for the first time after owning it for months couldn’t find the right course for beginners until I signed up with sonic academy this is perfect for beginners like myself.

wow

Thank god for this, amazing stuff

sorry but i cant see and open the project file?! help please

Hi @dmereu

You should find the file Make_Music_With_Ableton_Intro.zip available for download on the tutorial page, under Course Resources and the samples & Ableton .als project’s files are in that archive.

Yes i got that thank you but i cant open the project file as per said at 4.15 mins of the first tutorial as i cant find it or i dont know how to arrange it using my pc. thanks for your help

when i downloaded the make music intro i cna only see :
Ableton Project ino
module 5 through 12 but module 6 is not there
and then i see the samples
but i cant see or find the Introbk.als (ableton Intro)
tx

Hey @dmereu

Yes, I can’t find the Introbk.als (ableton Intro) either, so it’s a bit confusing but you should be good to go with the Module 10.als I think, head over your “Messages” under your forum’s profile where I’ll explained more and add a screenshot.

Hey @dmereu - this is a really old course now, I would encourage you perhaps watch Ableton Live 9 Beginner Video Tutorial Level 1 | Tutorial 1 - Introduction & Playthrough

Or hold tight for a few weeks as we have a brand new How To Use Ableton 10 Level 1 coming.

1 Like

Nice Introduction! Thx.