How To Use - Arturia CS-80v with King Unique / 488

Sonic Academy welcomes back the master of the vintage synth King Unique to guide us through ‘How To Use CS80v by Arturia’. CS-80 V is Arturia’s modelled version of the legendary Yamaha™ CS-80, considered by many to be the ultimate polyphonic synthesiser of the late ‘70s. Noted for its expressive playability and its unique dual voice layout allowed for rich and full sounds that have not been matched to this day. It was popularized by artists such as Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, Brian Eno, Ultravox and Peter Gabriel, to name a few. Hit song after hit song has turned this synthesiser into a true legend. Here we look at evey function, how it can be used in your productions and finish off with a ‘stream of consciences’ sound design special, in only a way that Matt can!

He’s a great teacher - obviously knows his stuff inside out, has released some classic tracks in his own right, and has a sense of intelligence about whatever he’s talking about. His tutorials are educational and entertaining at the same time.

I just got the Arturia V collection and I’m really interested in how all the synths work. I REALLY liked watching this and I REALLY hope you can do one for the ARP and Jupiter in partulicular.

This was a really great tutorial, thank you! I would also like to see more on the Arturia Collection.

MASSIVELY helpful! Can’t wait for your upcoming tut on Arturia’s Synclavier :wink:

This is EXACTLY what i was looking for. Well worth the cash. And KU is hilarious!

1 Like

Thanks Sonics! This series has been very helpful and really the only one with this much depth about the 80.

High-quality instruction. I’ll be referring to this for years to come.

Really great overview of the CS80 V! Something I haven’t found anywhere else.

The most comprehensive CS-80v course online. This synth rocks hardest of any of Arturia’s emulations. Totally unique.

Excellent overview and detailed explanation of the CS80’s interesting idiosyncrasies. Very easy to follow.

Great tutorial!!

Good tutorial! Thanks for an in-depth look at the Arturia CS80 vSynth!

Great tutorial, thank you.

Very comprehensive and engaging course, thank you!