How To Use - Bitwig Beginner Level 1 / 1106

Bitwig Beginner Level 1

View Course

Want to get to grips with Bitwig Studio? Maybe you’ve recently started out using the software or are considering changing your current DAW?
Well over the next 17 videos, Dom Kane will take you through the key areas so you can start creating your own masterpieces in Bitwig.

This is a Beginner Level 1 course where Dom will show you how to get up and running with the software, from opening it for the first time to navigating through the main functions and creating your first beats, sounds, and exporting your first track

First up we take a look at the audio setup and user interface of Bitwig showing you all the key areas you’ll need to know. We then we bring in some drums to create the groove and add the synth and bass before we move into the arrangement to build our track. Lastly, we finish off by adding automation and transitions to create movement and tension, mix the track down, and then export the track so it can be played anywhere.

This track can be created solely using Bitwig and, as with all our courses, we provide you with additional resources so you can easily follow along.

2 Likes

superb

Always a good idea to work with a limiter on the master in case of any weird pops, or anything that could damage speakers … I find myself working in Bitwig more than anything! Great tutorial!

this a real, smooth sexy version of the How to use a Daw standard track - so because of the excellent “out of the box” work done here by Big Wit Dom Kane, Bitwig power user extraordinaire, I’m looking forward to doing this… and now 3.3 Beta… and I follow Dom’s youtube channel… Great work Dom. Bitwig has certainly come a long way.

1 Like

bitwig is amazing!

thanks!

i am excited to do this course at last - just updated to my 3.3.1 version… and Dom, can’t wait for you to continue with Part 2 “more advanced” as has been the trend here with the other DAWS…

finished my track in Bitwig 3.3.1 - using pretty much exclusively in house Bitwig and processing etc - eq +, native reverbs, delay 4, new polymer synth in 3.3.1… just scratching the surface - want to learn all the crazy “grid” stuff…

https://soundcloud.com/marztecheque/old-man-neil-young-cover

Very, very good tutorial (regardless if you are interested in Bitwig) ! Dom is a good teacher.
Looking forward to level 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great course and perfect place to start with Bitwig Studio. Learning the fundamentals while making your first track is a very good way to learn about this DAW and feel comfortable with Bitwig GUI & workflow. Highly recommended for beginners or if you’re simply curious about Bitwig and definitely a “must watch” before diving into Part 2.

This is a good course for beginners and for those who start in bitwing

What version of BitWig does this cover?

Bitwig Version 3.2.7 was used at the time this tutorial was created.

1 Like

in tutorial 07 hats on 08:01 you move a note to the left. what is the short cut to move that note?
Thank you
Robert

1 - Select the exact region you’d like to duplicate.

2 - Then press CMD + D ( Mac ) or CTRL + D ( Win ) to duplicate the region + notes content.

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 18.02.47

When I use CMD+D the region moves but does not expand as shown in the video

Make sure to select the exact region length ( i.e : the Midi Note + Empty space before ) and then Press ⌘ + D ( Mac ) or Ctrl + D ( Win & Linux ) several times and it will duplicate the same region and paste it toward the right as many times as your press this key combo.

You might want to check this Bitwig Video or refer to the Online User Guide as well :wink: