How To Use - Cubase 9.5 Beginner Level 1 / 584

Cubase 9.5 Beginner Level 1

View Course

Want to get to grips with Cubase 9.5? Maybe you’ve recently started out using the software or are considering changing your current DAW?
Well over the next 17 videos, Nate Raubenheimer aka Protoculture will take you through the key areas of Steinberg’s Cubase.

This is a Beginner Level 1 course where Nate will show you how to get up and running with the software, from opening it for the first time to creating your first beats, sounds, and finishing your first track - all with his expert workflow tips so you can get the best start possible.

First up we take a look at the audio setup and user interface of Cubase 9.5 showing you all the key areas you’ll need to know, then we bring in some drums to create the groove. Next up we add some synth, bass sounds and transition effects, and lastly we finish off by arranging the track create movement and tension with automation, add some arpeggiated pads, mix the track down, and then export the track so it can be played anywhere.

This course solely uses Cubase stock plugins and, as with all our courses, we provide you with additional resources so you can easily follow along.

Been using Cubase for ages but still I learned a couple of very handy features I didnt have a clue about before. Great tutorial from Nate as usual!

1 Like

I have always been interested in music production. I have been known to ask questions nobody can answer and always wind up “taking a break” as my tracks never develop into what is in my mind. If there is one artist that keeps reminding me to come back and produce music it has to be Nate. Not only does he have his own style, he also takes the time to explain production from beginner to advance. He always answers those questions II have. I can not recommend his courses enough!.

1 Like

This is great! Just updated to 9.5 so good to see a few new features…plus Protoculture is awesome :slight_smile:

Great! I’ve been waiting for something like this.

brilliant, i have seen lots of cubase tutorials but this this one is the best cant wait for level 2

1 Like

great course well explained. Many thanks. When’s level 2?

Great course loved it

Easy to understand!

excellent training, not only for beginners. Good hints for an effective workflow

Agree with 5oulful67, I’ve taken in a boat load of tutorials and this is, beyond a doubt, the best. Most just go thru many/most of the features of the program but don’t do a real project. Hence they are basically just demos. This course is very comprehensive and practical. Thanks much for it!

And you now have level 2 to get into !!

1 Like

Awesome to hear, thank you! :slight_smile:

Proculture! Here is an Advice for you: If your going to be holding a course for people: Please refrain from using “Uhhh, Ahhh, and Ohhh” all the time!! We know Cubase is a complex software, but we dont wanna be hearing that in every single sentance! I often go to listen to Speeches & hold them myself! I not interested in hearing that when im trying to focus in learning something from you! It is Unprofessional! Other than that the course is great so far & i hope this wont be holding me back from the rest of the course!

Hey @tredfx_man

It has always been clear to me that sitting live in front of any software and recording yourself along while explaining others is definitely something very unnatural & this is already quite a performance by itself, therefore, I would never think of pointing out something like this here. :unamused:

The forum is here to give you a chance to build a constructive discussion & exchange between you, other members & tutors, not sure if this is really adding to the conversation, even if it’s your right to give your opinion of course… and btw, before calling others, check their name’s spelling :wink:[quote=“tredfx_man, post:15, topic:34247”]
Proculture! Here is an Advice for you:
[/quote]

Great course! I don’t mind the “ahhs” and “oohs” that someone mentioned in an earlier comment at all. It just makes it more natural and authentic in my opinion, and shows that he does things as he goes along and that it’s not all preplanned. So it gives a better impression of the working process and the reflections he makes - which i think is really good and educational.

1 Like

I have to agree @sgronbech, we want the courses to sound natural, as if you are sitting in the studio with the tutor, and not scripted. I always found scripted content to be stale and a little boring. Proto is one of the most gifted producers and tutors in the world today.

2 Likes

Good

Hi. I’ve listened back and sure I do ‘um’ and ‘ah’ a bit. I’m by no means a professional speaker and I don’t pertain to be at all… I do however have a lot of knowledge about audio production and hopefully most of you can see past the less than perfect voice overs. I will say as well, if I was reading from a script like other some lecturers I’m sure I could cut a lot of that out, but I don’t want that specifically because I don’t get everything across to you guys. If you watch some of my other courses, specifically the psy trance and progressive trance ones, I’m not holding anything back at all… nothing is rehearsed, and you get things exactly the way I would do it in the studio which I think is invaluable for students. Too many other tutorials I’ve come across seem to dumb everything down for the sake of clear speech or what have you… thats not what I’m here for. A lot of this is done whilst in the process of actually working… granted its a little hard to concentrate on both at the same time so I do tend to waffle at times, but hopefully that results in you guys getting some quality ‘off the cuff’ advice on how to improve your productions. I’ll definitely make a note of this and try improve on it in future videos.