How To Use - Cubase 9.5 Beginner Level 1 / 584

This was an excellent course, I am transitioning over to Cubase from Logic Pro X. I love the features Nate highlighted. looking forward to Level 2 and beyond!

Outstanding tutorial. Although I might be biased as I’ve been a Protoculture fan for years, Nate was outstanding in his presentation. I was a Cubase user starting 3SX but have been out of touch since version 7. Nate did a wonderful job of explanation and bringing me back up to speed. Even though I’m running 10.5, everything in this tutorial will work with the latest version. I’m looking forward to Level 2

1 Like

Terrible literally wasted hours of time I’ve been producing for 10 years now and this guy explains at the speed of a snail.

@dilate

It’s a Cubase tutorial that aims at beginners as mentioned in the course title, not everyone might benefit of 10 years expertise like you do, remember the day you opened up a DAW for the first time ?? :sunglasses: :blush: :smile:

uhhh… uhhmmmm… uhhh… uhmmmm… uhhhh… uhmmmmm… uhhhh… uhhhh… uhhhh… uhhmmmm… uhhhh… uhhmmmm… can’t stand the presenter

I can’t see CR & Meter tabs on the right side in my cubase.
I quess its a feature not included in cubase elements version?
Couldn’t find it in the elements manual either but saw it in pro version manual.

Hey there @Tsiro

I think it’s only a feature available in the “pro” version of Cubase. If you check this versions comparison page and expand the “Mixing” section you can see that Control Room & different Meters are only available for the “pro” version.

nice

Is Cubase really as tedious as it seems? :slight_smile:

I give up!

Hey there @PhatDawg

Every DAW will be rather intimidating when starting to learn about it, there’s no secret : it takes time & practice and there’s nothing wrong about this, we’ve all been there once :wink:

Take your time and learn the basics at your own pace, you’ll feel more comfortable with time and it will become much more intuitive. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed at the start but it’s the point where you should not give up.

Once you get around the basic DAW workflow and how to work with Midi & Audio you’ll already feel more at ease and will be able to get some results, then over time you’ll learn more about advance features, effects …etc.

Some DAWs might feel more intuitive to use than others and that’s where each producer has it’s own preference, but again, it won’t happen overnight and it takes some time. Now if you feel like Cubase isn’t your thing after some time, then try to demo other DAWs as well, but giving up right from the start is a mistake in my humble opinion, don’t forget that it took many years to any renowned producers to get their knowledge and feel at ease with using their DAW and music production techniques.

Keep it up going and don’t let yourself being impressed by all those menus & options, DAWs are very powerful software, especially nowadays, think about a photographer that will decide to dive into digital pictures editing with something like Adobe Photoshop, it’s ok to feel lost right from the start, nothing wrong with that :wink:

Personally I find it the fastest DAW to work in by far… everybody’s experience is different though. Its also probably the most complex too… just takes practice.

1 Like

It was designed for people who haven’t used Cubase… go check out one of my track walk throughs rather if you want more advanced Cubase tutorials.

1 Like

I’m working my way through the tutorial. Hopefully by the end I will have a better feel for Cubase. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, will I be able to follow along with Cubase 8? I’m mostly interested in learning the software, I’m already used to 3rd party vsts, thanks

@roykidon15

You may not be able to use or open a Cubase Project that was saved with v9.5 with a prior version I suppose.
If you can open it, then you probably be running into errors since your version won’t have the same features, plugins…etc.

Not a Cubase user too, so can(t tell for sure but that makes sense with all DAWs.

Now all of that said, the important bit here is to learn the software, so try to recreate the project in your own verssion as you follow along each video.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Switching from Logic Pro X to Cubase. Cubase was my very first daw more than 20 years ago when it still fitted to floppy discs XD
Something I find very helpful in Tutorial 5 with renaming traks; If are changing the name and without pushing ‘enter’ and click ‘tab’, it automatically makes the next track name editable so you don’t need any mouse to rename all of your tracks.
Thanks Nate for everything you share on Sonic Academy and Youtube etc… I really like your workflow, music and video’s a lot.
Keep it up!

Another good tip for renaming tracks… hold down alt when you hit enter and it will rename every single part located in that track to the track name :slight_smile:

Great course. Learned a lot of things I didn’t know before.

1 Like