How To Use - Cubase 9.5 Beginner Level 2 / 595

Cubase 9.5 Beginner Level 2

View Course

Over the next 13 videos, we welcome back Cubase sensei Protoculture, as he takes you to the next level on this masterclass journey. If you are a complete beginner or even a seasoned pro, this course has something for everyone.

How To Use Cubase 9.5 Level 2, continues on from where Level 1 finished off. It is quite literary NEXT LEVEL!

With loads of useful knowledge for producers starting out, we begin by checking out how to route busses and use send/return fx, take a closer look at dynamic processing, compression and sidechain compression before moving on to stereo widening, offline processing, and render in place. Protoculture then checks out a few useful stock plugins along with VCA faders and then wraps up by moving the project so it can be mastered efficiently and utilising Cubase’s powerful Frequency EQ before exporting.

You will be armed with all the knowledge at the end of this course to start on your production journey, so go forth and create!

Anyone using Studio One will benefit from this course

From the very first Tutorial, at the top of your Mixer one Rack shown is labeled “Hardware” with some flowchart-type diagram in each channel. Looking everywhere in my Cubase 9.5, I can’t find it. Not an option in my “Racks” config on any of the three MixConsole windows. Is that something related to your audio interface or what? How is it displayed?

PS - The quality of this Level 2 tutorial does not disappoint. Better than Level 1, but only because there’s even more great detailed info! Hopefully you will continue with more advanced Cubase courses.

Watched level 1 first, and now finished this one. Found it to be really helpful and educational - and I like Protoculture as a tutor a lot. Very authentic and natural way of teaching, and it’s obvious he has a lot of knowledge and skill in both Cubase and electronic music production in general. Felt like I was just watching over a pro’s shoulder. As he says in the end, there was a lot of funtions in Cubase that wasn’t covered, but it’s such a complex DAW so none of the other tutorials/courses i’ve watched are able to cover everything either. So some selection and prioritising has to be done. This is probably the cubase toturial out there that is most helpful to those of us producing electronic music, and I’ve been looking for that. So thank you Protoculture and Sonic Academy.

1 Like

great course! very informative

Hey, I believe I did mention it in part one of the series. The hardware tab is only available when using Steinberg hardware with Cubase. I have a UR28M sound card that has built in DSP. That hardware tab just controls the routing, compressor settings and EQ for my voiceover (Its active at the input in real time on the sound card) Don’t stress about it, like I said, only applicable fi you’ve got Steinberg/Yamaha hardware.

Thanks!

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

I’ve used studio one and yes, there are some familiarities… fun fact, the lead designer responsible for Studio One was actually part of the Steinberg design team. A guy called Wolfgang (Can’t remember his last name but had the pleasure of meeting him on tour a few years back) who actually originally came up with Cubase’s arrange page design back in the VST5.0 days :slight_smile:

Great, thanks
:slight_smile:

Great course - very well explained basic functions of Cubase (I’ve been using the DAW for a while, and this course showed a lot of features I didn’t even know about). Protoculture is explaining it very well. I’d love to see a course about sound design or mixing made by him. Thank you!

Hey @Artiomdey

You can find all Protoculture’s tutorials using this link, there’s a Mixing & Mastering course that perhaps could interest you ( though it’s specific to the Slate Everything Bundle ) Protoculture Artist Profile - Watch video tutorials with Protoculture

Thanks for the link!

Great Tutorial!

Steinberg have a very nice sale of Cubase so I got Cubase Pro 10. I been watching your tutorial which has helped me a lot to get started with Cubase. I come from FL Studio 20 and Studio One 4. @Protoculture In your tutorial I can see you have bigger and thicker note lines in the Editor window. How to get that? Cheers!

Nate, I can’t thank you enough for sharing your insight and knowlege. This will take me a lot further than I was before. I’m looking forward to taking more of your tutorial series.

1 Like

This is a very detailed explanation. Thank you very much.

Nice course man, I updated to 10.5 from 5 last month and this brought me up to speed nicely!!
Great work

Спасибо за курс! достаточно подробно ! Особенно понравился мастеринг!

Edit : Moderator Translation to English :

Thanks for the course! enough detail! I especially liked the mastering!

Great Course, helped me a lot!