How To Use - Kick 2 / 473

Great walkthrough, I like the super nerd things =)

Thank you for a great walk through, much appreciated!!!

great all in one plugin, with all the detail, can believe it does so much! thank you

1 Like

Hey there @pezmestizo

If you’d like to dive further into Kick 2, be sure to check this course as well :wink:

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/tech-tips-assimilating-kicks-in-kick-2-with-phil-johnston-887

Thanks for this video.

this is great

Appreciate how in depth this was. Thanks

love this plugin already! great quick tutorial.

1 Like

Very good description!

Good introduction to Kick 2 !

Awesome

Hi, does anybody know if can I change the master tuning (e.g. from 440Hz to any) in PITCH wave graphic view?

Hey there @yosukeikeda

There’s no option to change the master tuning inside Kick 2, which I think makes sense since using other master tuning like 432 Hz or anything else isn’t really helpful when it comes to low end percussive sounds likes kicks.

Thank you @Tekalight,

Okay, I understand. Considering the flexibility of usage, it would have been nice to be able to change the master tuning:-)

Hi again @yosukeikeda

You can tune your kicks thanks to the pitch nodes as well as the pitch button available for the main sub and also the 3 clicks, IMO that’s sufficient but it’s only my own point of view & usage here of course :wink:

You can put a request for the devs for a global tuning feature by creating a new topic inside the Plugins/Kick Synth category, it doesn’t mean it’s gonna be implemented but at least they’ll know about it.

You can tune each node by frequency so if you looked up a note vs freq chart for 432 you should be easily be able to modify the right nodes to get your kicks in tune.

1 Like

@phil_johnston

Ah yes, that’s also a solution, good call :wink:

That said & out of curiosity is a global tuning feature something you guys plan to look at and is it even something possible to implement ? ( since it will mean that all nodes frequencies will need to be re-calculate on the fly when modifying a global tuning parameter ).

Very useful thank you

Now I have this, I’m not quite sure why I have ever bought a kick sample pack…

1 Like

“No longer do you need to rely on sampled and resampled low-quality kick drums in sample packs.” Wow. That sentence really resonated! Enjoyed the tour. Thanks.

1 Like