How To Use - Logic Pro X For Beginners / 309

Does anyone know specifically which content needs to be downloaded the Choirpad MW synth? I don't have enough space to download all of the extra content so I've been using a guess and check approach. No luck so far.

Hi Zach, try the legacy content folder - think it is around 2gb. HOWEVER I myself am having trouble reloading some of the additional/legacy content after a reinstall. Will update you once I have a look into this.

Any idea why I can record any automation (equalizer settings, etc.) except for the synth itself (cutoff, decay)? I'm working around it by creating points manually and basically dragging stuff around, but curious as to why, when I try to record automation on the cutoff for example it doesn't actually stick?

Hey Chris,

In tutorial 13 (Arranging the intro) - you use the touch mode with the ES2 to write information in on the chords.

I can't seem to get it to work.. I have tried everything (I think).. Any suggestions?

When you record automation in touch mode, then playback are you hearing the results - or nothing at all? Record something like fader movement and see if it plays back.

When I record I am hearing nothing at all. Below is a screenshot.

I notice that in your tutorial beside the option touch there is another drop down section. In the tutorial you have ES2.. I have tried all the ES2 options and nothing seems to work.

Sorry to be a pain. Its probably something very simple but I just can't seem to find the problem.

Sorry, when I use a fader movement while I record it writes in the data. It just doesn't seem to do it with the ES2

Go to Preferences - advanced tools, and tick the advanced tools box. Let me know if that works

Nope, still nothing..

can't seem to find the project files i.e. the audio or there seems to be in there is an empty project file any ideas anyone thanks

I was wondering, why does Chris choose to copy paste everything, as opposed to using the loop feature? What is the advantage/disadvantage?

And secondly, does looping save CPU at all or not?

Thanks

Hey Chris, I just got Logic and the layout is very different which somewhat makes it hard to follow and keep up without stopping every couple minutes to try and find what you are doing. Will there be a video with the new/updated layout anytime soon?

Hey TypeO, this is the latest version of logic (x) layout should be exactly the same - what version are you on?

For example when I click on Media, I only have Audio and Movies.. Not all files, projects and audio. Cant seem to find all files.. There are other things different but thats just an example. Also some of the function buttons you have, I do not..

Screenshot

Go to prefrences - advance tools, and check the box. That should sort your problems out

Got it! Thank you brotha. lol this should help a lot.

Chris, sorry but i cannot find the Drag & Drop Samples in the Ultrabeat. Is there something I need to do to see it? I only have about 6-7 settings in there.

Cancel that!