How To Use - Logic Pro X For Beginners / 309

Hey Chris, With the new compressor I cannot seem to get the "bouncy" sound through the Side Chain in Tut 8. When I turn the compressor on and off it really doesn't do much of any difference. I'm sure the Bus's are set up correctly in the track but nothing.. any ideas? Thanks!

This is the compressor that comes up.

The loop feature will loop the entire project through the set # of bars, it doesn't tell a single track to loop. If your piece is 24 measures and you want a 4 measure beat to be repeated the easiest way is to copy/paste it.

Hi Chris

I have been making music for 6-7 years, in both Logic, and recently Studio One. I never took the time to get into the DAW and all of its functions, I just played around and used the good old trial and error, which is great.

However, this "simple" beginners tutorial has liftet my music several levels just from all the techniques you showed. I can't remember the last time i have been this inspired. Sufficient to say that I am very happy with my subscription.

Thanks a lot Chris!

Jonas

Hey Jonas, Aww man, thanks for the kind comments, - The feeling that you have inspired even person to make music is amazing, and actually inspires us to make better and better content. Hope you enjoy the rest of our tuts.
Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, :D so far i've been going through and revisiting/going over each video in this course and I'm picking up a lot of new skills in terms of working with Logic as my main DAW mostly from this course but some also through playing around. I'm still currently halfway this course but so far i'm enjoying it. :D I wanna thank you Chris and the Sonic Academy team for taking the time to really help us and aid us on our journey to becoming producers. :D Thanks once again

I'm really positively surprised what great informations, news and knowledge I've found on this blog, definitely I'll visit here sometime soon, so keep up the good work, I think the blog will get bigger and have broader audience very soon enough. Thanks for the articles and If you have some spare time please visit and check out DJ samples at:
http://www.lucidsamples.com. You won't regret it, I can assure you !

Sorry tried to use the beginner tutorial. Got about 5 minutes in. You lost me at patches, bus and channels. Do you have a course for musicians who have never used a music program and are not familiar with mixing desks please. Almost at the point of returning the software as being impossible to use. Protools is sitting it's box as well. Was told tha logic would be easy to use. However it is impossible. Can i use my mbox with logic? You do not state how you are making sounds. Do you have a keyboard attached?
Other readers please be kind.

Hi Chris what genre of song is this?
Sorry I am new to this
Does is follow normal dance format…which part is the drop?

Hey, @djkulo I would call this progressive house / progressive trance - it’s a very basic version of those genres, however. It does follow the normal dance format, intro, small breakdown, drop (main section we would call it) longer breakdown then the main section again and outro. There are no hard and fast rules though, but this is the basic premise

Thank you Chris

Excellent introduction to Logic, just need to find a way to redeem my SA bonus points against time off the day job and inspiration!!

Nice tutorial!!

Good course<i could to know about some things with ESX24 i have not idea,thnaks

I was having a hard time switching form Ableton Live to Logic Pro X, and the overview alone was enough to get me going. Thanks!

Great course! It helped me to get started and it’s already sounding pretty good!

1 Like

Hi @FlippyD

Glad you enjoyed the course ! Be sure to check the other Logic Pro X beginners courses by Sonic Academy in house Logic’s Guru Chris Agneli !

and there’s more… Chris Agnelli Artist Profile - Watch video tutorials with Chris Agnelli

So browse the site, find the right tutorials and enjoy !!

Cheers !

I’ve done this course basically for the first time I’ve ever used Logic and wow… well impressed, I did go off on my own tangent but I would recommend this course for anyone needing to get to know Logic… thank you

1 Like