How To Use - Sound Theory Gullfoss with Protoculture / 940

Sound Theory Gullfoss with Protoculture

View Course

In this week’s short ‘How To Use’ video Protoculture checks out the intelligent EQ plugin by Sound Theory ‘Gullfoss’.

A fully automatic EQ for use on tracks, buses, mixes and master chains it intelligently analyses the input signal in real-time and adjusts the frequency response of its filters 100 times a second to achieve an objectively balanced sound without introducing any artefacts.

Here Nate runs through the controls and demonstrates how it can be used to improve the sound quality of your tracks.

This looks like a super useful tool to add to your collection so check it out!

Very excited to get one of these

1 Like

Awesome, was using this more or less blindly for a couple of months. Figured it out quite a bit, but I’m glad I came across this video to really help explain it!

@Sonic_Academy - how about a coupon code for this? during these tough times? soundtheory not currently offering any discounts on gullfoss at all - membership has its perks…?? cheers and happy easter. currently have 2 week uncrippled trial from soundtheory.com - you need ilok software manager - but so worth it. easy ilok manager is free

they offer $99 edu licence - maybe can you get us that here? are we “students” come on yes we are

That won’t work because Sonic Academy is an online learning platform, which is different than a real school enrolling students within a scholarship affiliation. When it comes to education licenses for students, you have to prove your teacher or student status via official documents, that’s the case for all companies. Here’s the quote from Soundtheory :

“To request an academic discount for Gullfoss:
Take a digital photo of your proof of academic status. This can be a photo of your student
ID, a dated school document, teacher ID or any valid documentation that confirms your academic status.
Email the photo to support@soundtheory.com with the subject line ‘Academic discount’.
Academic licenses are intended to benefit people working in academic institutions.”

They usually offer a 30% off during Black Friday sales, at least they’ve done it in the past, might just have to wait & expect them to do it again this year.

Might not be that easy for S.A to get a discount for us, Soundtheory have only one product in their catalog which is Gulffoss, therefore they are marketing it as a unique & high end product only available from them.

So they are in a good position to fix a high price range and not running too much discounts & promotions.

ok, thanks - but at least some sort of something for the subscribers here? even sonible.com just announced 50% off for spring sale - maybe soundtheory.com will offer something in the next few days… like everyone else has :slight_smile:

thanks for your help and support - best wishes to the whole SONIC ACADEMY team - especially CHRIS and BRYAN - because PHIL works them TOO HARD…! :blush:

1 Like

they’re a very good company - no doubt about it - im very impressed by their work - i guess it’s just fair to say “everyone likes a deal” - arturia was 50% off, even oeksound soothe 2 was discounted now for Easter… sugarbytes… a lot of super plugs are on corona discount… i understand. ha ha - doesn’t mean in the end i won’t pay full price! agh! i should be saving money for canned foods, not plugins - thankfully my wife is still fast asleep… all the best to you STEFAN

1 Like

Maybe you should try to send a mail to their support or sale team asking if they plan to have a discount to help during this quarantine like many other companies are doing, you might get a personal coupon ( or not ), but you never know. Nothing to loose anyway :wink:

PS : I’m not German but French, so it spells Stéphane LOL… I laugh a lot reading my name like this :smile: :smile:

alors, merci Stéphane! Bonjour!:grin:

1 Like

Nice course, had this a while and not really used it but I’ll play with it a little more now.