How To Use - Studio One V4 Beginner Level 1 / 708

Studio One V4 Beginner Level 1

View Course

Want to get to grips with Presonus Studio One V4? Maybe you’ve recently started out using the software or are considering changing your current DAW?
Well over the next 16 videos, Studio One guru KATFYR will take you through the key areas so you can start creating your own masterpieces from scratch.

This is a Beginner Level 1 course where KATFYR will show you how to get up and running with the software, from opening it for the first time to navigating through the main functions and creating your first beats, sounds, right through to exporting your first track.

First up we take a look at the audio setup and user interface of Studio One showing you all the key areas you’ll need to know. We then we bring in some drums to create the groove, add the bass line and layer some synth sounds before we create the chord progression, add energy using sidechain compression and arrange our track. Lastly, we finish off by adding automation and transitions to create movement and tension, mix and master the track down, and then export the track so it can be played anywhere.

This course uses stock plugins from Studio One and you can download demo versions of our plugins Kick 2 and ANA 2 so you can follow along. As with all our courses, we provide you with any additional resources required so you’ll be up and running in no time!

Very Good and informative

1 Like

You don`t need to switch beetwen automations. Every channel have this little button in left down corner (colored area). After pressing it every automations signed to channel will slide down under channel.

Its nice to see some videos about SO.

So when can I get some of that Level 2?
Excellent course!
It’s nice to see SO get some support. I’m looking forward to more videos in the near future!

…fantastic tutorial, thank you…!

really good course. nice and concise

Been using S1 since v.2 came out but you always learn something new and I am more used to mixing bands than producing EDM so plenty to play with here. Great to see S1 get some love

1 Like

Getting me going…

Nice to pickup a few tips thanks… P and / are my well used commands for playback looping, it’s far quicker than drawing in the range.

Great course for benigners, thanks!

omg I just got this DAW because of the sale - INCROYABLE the features! so smart!!! how is everyone NOT using this???

dude where i can i get this presets for ANA 2 for this course

many thanks

baker

Hey there @BAK3R

There’s 16 videos in this course :wink: Which video number ? What time frame ? Preset name/description ?

Also, have you download the course resources & check if it wasn’t included.

thank you KATFYR i have learnt so much from this course dude

Bless you!

Studio One will quit unexpectedly on a Mac. Those who use Cubase on a Mac are no doubt familiar with this … But this is a good tutorial on the software anyway!

I’ve been watching tutorials on YouTube for over a month trying get a better handle studio one 4. I can honestly say that I’ve learned more from Sonic Academy in one full day than I have in all the other time and videos combined.

I swear, it’s like they were in my head and knew exactly what I was looking for. They keep the tutorials short , precise, and to the point, only going over one topic at a time. This makes it very easy to understand and retain almost everything that they cover…

Great job guys!!!

Thank you for being awesome.

Sincerely,

Russell C Urban.

Clearwater Florida.

1 Like

Wow… thank you!
I have been using Reason 11 for a year now, and haven’t been happy with anything I have created or followed. I thought I would try out Prosonus Sphere, and came here for the beginners guide.

I am shocked how quickly I have gotten results… why is it so different? So easy? So clear?

You are a great teacher, very calm and I have learnt so much in this course. really looking forward to part 2.

1 Like

This was a great course, I knew a bit about Studio one going in but this course allowed me to put together something complete. Only thing I’m afraid of is not being able to put together a solid idea like this on my own, but that’s not indicative of the tutorials quality. This was 10/10. The one thing I would’ve hoped to have was more explanation on the additional elements added in when we came back into the course midway, like the sweeps and risers. My noob is showing :wink:

Hy… Ich würde es begrüßen wenn es die Videos wenigstens mit deutschen Untertitel gibt. Englisch kann ich nur ein wenig.

Moderator Edit - English Translation :

" Hi… I would appreciate it if the videos at least had German subtitles. I can only speak English. "

Hi there @NemoTec

Unfortunately the videos are not transcribed so it’s not possible to include caption other than English.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

German Translation from Google Translate :

Hallo

Leider sind die Videos nicht transkribiert, daher ist es nicht möglich, andere Untertitel als Englisch einzufügen.