How To Use - Zebra with Bluffmunkey / 477

This week on Sonic Academy, sound designer Bluffmunkey takes us through the massive and award winning Zebra . Zebra by U-He, is a wireless modular synthesizer, and can add practically infinite possibilities to your sound design arsenal. It combines many different types of synthesis with a powerful modulation engine, laid out in an intuitive GUI. Over the course of 16 videos lasting 5 hours , we look at the layout, oscillators, filters, modulation, FX and finishing off with a psy trance sound design video, guided expertly by Bluffmumkey himself.

So saddle up your own Zebra and enjoy the ride!

tutorial 13 unavaible

hey

checked this out and it appears to be working - are you still experiencing a problem?

Nice tutorial. Clear and interesting. When you guys make HIve tutorial?

Side note - the Resolution setting changes the rate at which Zebra updates the oscillators.

So - if you turn it down, it doesn’t update changes as quickly (same with the oscillator effects. ) If you turn it up, it’ll recalculate more quickly.

This can be useful if you’ve got an LFO assigned to the Wave position and you’re trying to fake some PWM - just turn up the resolution knob.

The caveat is that cranking up the resolution will also increase CPU usage. If you’re not modulating anything, you can turn it all the way down and save a bit of cpu.

Hello Geoff, I just wanted to reach out and say “thank you”.
Your Zebra2 course has been extremely helpful to me and trying to wrap my head around this amazing synth.
I appreciate it man. I also picked up the Plugmon “Massive Modular” Zebra2 theme which makes it even more fun to work with. You add a great deal of value to the sonic academy community - thanks. Cheers :slight_smile: