I can't see Ana 2 control panel in Logic Pro X but only the Editor view

si scusa non ti ho detto che mi permette solo la visualizzazione in Control

grazie ma ho gia’ provato…ho provato a disinstallera Ana2 e reinstallare la versione demo ma mi fa’ la stessa cosa

Moderator Edit : English Translation

" Sorry I didn’t tell you it only allows me to view in Control

Thanks but I have already tried … I tried to uninstall Ana2 and reinstall the demo version but it does the same thing to me "

dopo vari tentativi ora e’ in modalita’ ANA2 pero’ il risultato e’ questo

English Translation : " After several attempts it is now in ANA2 mode but this is the result ".

Could you please post in English on the forums ? You can simply use Google Translate like I did to translate from Italiian to English, thank you :wink: :sunglasses:

This is something to do with Logic Pro X, not ANA 2.

Try this, go to LPX Preferences → Display → Mixer and check that you have the same Plug-in Window settings as on the pic below : 1st one ENABLE, 2nd one DISABLE.

If you already have this, then it could be your installation of Logic.

• What’s your MacOS version number + Logic Pro X version Number by the way ??

• But again, to me that’s more a Logic issue I believe, that said, you will find a manual uninstall guide here if you want to try this : Manually uninstall ANA 2

You will need to delete the VST 3 as well ( missing in the guide ) :

VST3 - Your_MAC_HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 remove ANA 2.vst3

I did as you explained to me and from apple page but without result … yes I have already removed several times and reinstalled ANA2 but the result is always the same … strange because yesterday everything went normally

Check those settings from my previous post in Logic and try the manual uninstall of ANA 2, it’s important not to miss the files to delete in the User Library on MacOS :

Copy paste this path in Apple Menu / Finder → Go → Go To Finder… :

~/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/

Once in this location delete the folder ANA 2

In your previous post you mentioned trying to reinstall ANA 2 demo : are you trying to test the plugin or do you already have a license ?? If you already purchased a License, then download and install the full version from your user Sonic Academy user account : My Account / Downloads / Plugins

If you are still on the demo, when did you start ? It’s should be running for 14 days.

But again here, it’s likely a Logic issue, not ANA 2.

already done several times uninstalled AU Vst VST3 and the folder you sent me in the screenshot

it’s the demo I installed a few days ago

it’s probably the Logic … it seems to me the only solution too

My best guess here is that it’s Logic, you should try to reinstall Logic Pro X on your Mac, I can’t think of something else wrong with the plug-in causing this issue to be honest :confused:

ok … but would this result in reinstalling all plug-ins?

No, Logic will just need to re-scan your plug-ins after reinstalling.

Last thing I could think about before reinstalling Logic would be to try to clean your Audionunit Plugins database cache, that’s were Logic keeps information about already scanned plug-ins.

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  2. Type ~/Library/Caches in the “Go to the folder” field. ( again that’s the user library here !! ).
    3 . Press the Go button.

Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file.
Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder

The next time you start Logic, the installed Audio Unit plug-ins will be rescanned and Logic should then startup normally. If you have crashes, just restart Logic and click on OK each time until Logic opens.

I can’t find neither the folder nor the file

Copy/Paste this path in Finder → Go --Go To Folder…

~/Library/Caches

You should find the AudiounitCache folder in there :

But hey, you haven’t answered about your version of Logic Pro X and MacOS version ??

And are you on a Mac with M1 silicon chip by the way ???

If you are on a recent version of Logic Pro X, then there’s an additional setting to check as well ( seems to have been implemented in version 10.5 ) so if you’re using 10.5 or a more recent version, check this option as well :

sorry yesterday I was interrupted for over-texting as a new member…
I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro with el Capitan … Logic Pro X 10.3.2

Then the video won’t help I’m afraid, this new setting was implemented with Logic Pro X 10.5

You should try to update Logic Pro X to the latest version available for your MacOS, you won’t be able to install another version but 10.3.3 with El Capitan I believe ( I think it was the last version available for El Capitan ).

It’s an ongoing thing really, Logic 10.4 requires to upgrade MacOS and 10.5 also requires another MacOS upgrade…etc.

Try to reinstall Logic Pro and get the latest version available for your MacOS.

hello yesterday I tried to install ANA2 on another computer which is the clone of the one I am using and it works perfectly

Which likely means that it’s your Logic Pro installation on this computer not working, again since the start I doubt that this this is an issue with ANA 2.

yes I also think it’s not an ANA2 problem but I don’t think it’s Logic either because it works well … something strange sometimes happens with the PRGs … I don’t know if I will reinstall Logic for fear yes other problems occur that I do not know how to solve … thank you very much for your kindness and availability …

I still think it’s Logic installation or settings, reinstalling on top of your existing installation won’t give you problems, also check via the App Store if there’s a Logic update available for you, MacOS will let you know if it’s not a compatible update.

No worries, you’re welcome !

Cheers !

Thank you

1 Like