Interview - Matthew Anthony / 568

Matthew Anthony

View Course

Chris chats with Perfect Driver label boss, Icon Collective tutor and Dirty Bird artist Matthew Anthony. Here he chats about growing up in Green Bay and its influence of house music on him. His sound could be described as ‘Goofy Bass Heavy music’ A lover of all things nature, Matthew Anthony’s aesthetic is a fusion of his passion for drums, upbringing on 90s hip-hop and affinity for broken beats.
Defining it himself as “house music with extra bass,” his sound pays homage to the past while evolving in the present, nesting perfectly driven basslines with all-around high-quality production. Champion the underdog. Cheese is good.

Here he opens up his remix of Paul Johnston’s classic ‘Get Get Down’ to see how he approaches remixing such a massive and well-known track. In a first here on sonic, we stream the DAW and its audio whilst we chat over the component parts of the track.

Great work on the video!

Hey guys it’s an honor to speak with Chris and to share my knowledge with all of you. If you’d like to inquire about scheduling a personal 1 on 1 session with me, you can email me direct at consult@perfectdrivermusic.com and please CC info@perfectdrivermusic.com. Thanks!

great insight on a dope remix of a classic track. love it. can’t wait to hear what perfect driver does in 2018

Thanks for the insight!