Interview - Sean Tyas Interview / 465

Sean Tyas burst onto the scene in 2006 when his debut single “Lift” immediately hit number 1 on Beatport. What followed was a consistent flow of beatport number 1’s.

Here to chat to Chris about his highly regarded debut artist album “Degeneration” Sean reveals some great insights into how the album was made, his favourite plugins and how the scene has changed over the past 10 years.

Any Chance SA will get Sean to be a guest Tudor?

Not able to get a full course, but we have something in the pipeline!

Another great interview. Love watching these,and it’s great to know what software/plugins these guys are using. Keep these interviews coming :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback - Glad you like, love recording these myself.

great interview! Very useful

Thanks Bezirani. Guys, also if you want to see your fav producer on here - lets us know and we will try!!

Honestly! Don’t take this negatively guys but, I thought Sean was a little rude cutting off Chris quite often when Chris would ask a questions… Just saying… :-/
What made me laugh is when Sean said no Dubstep… After listening to the whole album… I felt like it had some Dubstep elements mixed with some Drum n’ Bass.
Overall… I’m happy to see Sonic Academy and the crew is doing great interviews but would like to see some more tutorials. Even small ones tutorials with updated material. Tutorial on plugins, quick tips nothing to deep just to keep the site nice and fresh with new tutorials…
What can I say, I still love S.A.
I’m looking for more Trance stuff… Would like to request an interview/ tutorials with TrancEye, Adam Ellis and of corse Armin Van Buuren… :wink:
Thanks Chris for your amazing work!

Hey PeteOne, he wasnt being rude at all, he is very enthusiastic when discussing producing. I have known Sean for a good few years and tour with him many times - he is a top bloke and was very excited to chat with us! I loved interviewing him, he has some much to say. We have plenty more tuts on the way, coupled with interviews, we had a small hiatus, over the past for weeks getting this lovely new site ready, but now full steam ahead with great content! Will certainly try and get Adam and indeed Armin!

Brilliant interview, I turned to producing after buying a copy of future music magazine with Sean on the cover mount he was explaining how he went about remixing dna by w&w (back when they were decent)

1 Like

Great interview!

He’s a legend.

love his enthusiasm :slight_smile:

A true legend…

Thank you for the interview SA & Sean!

Nice Interview!

Legend!

Awesome interview!

“never automate the channel, use a utility for that to preserve the gain stage for mixdown”…Took me a lot of headache before I figured this out…definitely a useful tip