Invalid login details are definitely valid

Hi,

Im trying to register a copy of KICK2 that i just purchased. Previously running evaluation mode.
When trying to link my account for activation i get an invalid login details error. I’ve changed my username/password several times, uninstalled the plugin, downloaded new zip file, still get invalid username or password message.

I tried offline registration but when i enter the product key on the /registered_devices/ page I’m told “you aren’t allowed to register additional devices”

I’m on mac os, Studio one artist daw.

Hey there @Shaneuser

If you purchased Kick 2 after demoing it, be sure to log into your Sonic Academy account and download the latest installer ( v1.1.2 at the moment ) from your account download area here ( you need to log in before ) Sign Up

After download, unzip the archive and install Kick 2 v1.1.2, be sure that it’s installing over the demo version, replacing the necessary files & plugins, another way is to uninstall the demo first and perform a clean new install ( that’s what I would recommend ).

For your username or password, this can be changed only from your Sonic Academy account, as for the devices on which Kick 2 is authorized, you can manage them from your account & the “manage devices” area Sign Up , you can authorize Kick 2 on 2 computers only, so check how many devices are showing up in your account, if needed you can revoke a device.

Just update this topic if it works or if you’re still having issues, hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hey Stephane,
Thank you for the reply.
Happy to report that I have successfully registered my Kick2
Ran uninstaller, scraped entire computer for anything relating to sonic academy, on all users.
Downloaded fresh kick, installed, success.
I thought i tried this already but i guess i must have done something wrong.

In any case, i appreciate the support. I’m off to shape some thumps :pray: Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi again,

Very pleased to read that it’s working fine now and that you were able to authorize, enjoy Kick 2 & have fun :slight_smile:
Time to make some beats I guess !! There’s a new Tape saturation mode in this latest version which is very nice BTW.

Have a nice weekend, cheers !

Hey i have tried the same things, as above and still get the same issue where i cant activate the plugin. it keeps saying invalid username or password. i have tried pretty much everything and i dont know what it wont activate.

Hey there @joshuacrofton1459

Are you also on MacOS or on Windows ? If on Win, make sure to use the correct installer matching your system specs 32 or 64 bits. Again, as explain in post 2, if you’ve installed the demo before, a clean uninstall/reinstall and checking your activated devices from your user account should help. Do not download and install the license.key, this is obsolete for latest Kick 2 v1.1 and above.

Also give a try to a fresh Kick 2 v1.1.2 download from your user account and try to unzip the archive with a different archive application to ensure that no files where corrupted during download & extraction.

And the obvious : make sure your typing in your credentials correctly, you can manage/change them from your user account.

Also refer to this step by step install & activation procedure from the support page https://support.sonicacademy.com/hc/en-us/articles/203305851-How-do-I-install-KICK-2-

If nothing of the above works, open a ticket with support using the red Submit a request link on the right top of the support page, choose “Plugin” in the subject field and be as much specific as you can in your issue description :

OS type & version
32 or 64 bit system
DAW you’re using & version
Have you installed the demo before, what step you took to install & activate…etc.

You can also attach a screen shot or a file to your ticket.

They will sort it out for you.

IMO it’s worth giving a new try to a clean download and uninstall procedure, some 3thrd party apps like IObit uninstaller on Win or Appdelete on MacOS and CCleaner to clean win registry can help.

Hope this helps to get it working, feel free to update the topic for follow up, that also help other users :wink:

Hey thanks for the reply, i tried all of those things already and haven’t gotten anywhere, im on a mac all updated, with Ableton and it just wont allow me to connect to the account. I have sent an email to your support so hopefully they reply soon. its installing fine and coming up in Ableton straight away but i cant log into my account within kick 2 and just says user invalid when its not. Not sure why it wont work

Thanks for the update, hopefully support will sort it out for you :wink:

What’s your “Mac All Updated” BTW, do you mean 10.14.5 Mojave latest ?

yeah its currently on mojave 10.14.6 which is the latest. the plugin opens up and has sound coming out of it if i hit a key so i know it works and i dont think its a update issue but i still cant login to the device to register it. its quite annoying to be honest. never had a plugin do this type of registration before.

Might be a license issue then, hopefully Support will sort it out for you.

As for here on the forums, in a last attempt to help, here is what you need to do to be sure to cleanly uninstall everything Sonic Academy’s related on your Mac ( supposing you’ve got only Kick 2 installed. If you’re using ANA or ANA 2, you can always re-install them but be sure to back up your USER PRESETS before ).

• Removing SA & KICK 2 files in the main MacOS Library :

_Your MAC HDD DRIVE/_Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy

That will remove everything ANA, ANA 2 & KICK 2 ( including licenses, presets packs & user presets )

To target Kick 2 delete : _Your MAC HDD DRIVE/_Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/Kick 2 folder.

• Removing SA & KICK 2 files in the User Library : ( this one is hidden by default, google it to learn how to make it visible )

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy ( entire files )
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ Kick 2 ( Kick 2 folder only )

• Removing S.A folder in User Preferences :

/Users/admin/Library/Preferences/Sonic Academy folder if you have one in there.

• Removing Installed Plugins :

AU - Your MAC HDD DRIVE/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components remove Kick 2.component
VST - Your MAC HDD DRIVE/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST remove Kick 2.vst ( this path is matching the default installation, if you installed the VST in a different folder, find the kick 2.vst file from there & remove it.

AAX - ( get installed even if not using Pro Tools )
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins remove the Kick 2.aaxplugin ( same as for VST’s if you used a custom folder )

BE SURE that you don’t have any older Kick 2 plugins for all AU, VST & AAX format remaining from an older installation.

Again make sure to BACK UP your USER PRESETS, Packs & Licenses. You’ll always be able to re-download Presets Packs and Licenses from your user account but not your USER PRESETS !!.

ONCE DONE WITH FILE SUPPRESSION, EMPTY YOUR TRASH AND REBOOT YOUR MAC.

Then re-download the Kick 2 archive from your S.A account to be sure to have a fresh one and avoid any corrupted archive, and perform a new install. Might be worth before doing so to make sure that Live is also up to date and to rescan your plugins.

You should also restart your Mac after installing KICK 2 before even trying to open Live and proceed to authorization.
So once done with the new KICK 2 install, restart, then launch Live, rescan your plugins and only then try to open an instance of KICK 2 and go through authorization.

Live’s plugin database can sometime get corrupted, head to Ableton’s support if you 'd like to perform a clean uninstall/install for Live too. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001172024-Uninstalling-Live-Mac-

That could be some cumbersome steps & process to go through but it’s the best way to ensure you’re on a clean install for both DAW & plugins.

Maybe this could also help, I’m thinking about MacOS & root files authorization with SIP, you may Google about disabling SIP on Mojave but check this thread, it’s El Capitan related but should work.

Last thing I could think about is an issue with your firewall or even your hosts file but that would prevent you to connect & Log into your S.A account if something was preventing that in there. But anyway, might be worth to check out your System Preferences->Security & Privacy-> Firewall settings as well as checking your hosts file by going to :

Finder Menu → Go → Select Go To Folder… ( or hit SHIFT + CTRL +G ) and paste in the following path /private/etc in there there’s a hosts file that you can check by double clicking on it ( or make a copy on your desktop if you have problem to view the file from this location )

An default Hosts file should look like this one and if your having other entries, make sure that nothing prevents a connection with S.A in there.

hosts (213 Bytes)

So that’s a round up of what I think could cause issues unless it’s a license problem that only Support will be able to solve. It’s worth giving it another try IMO, hope that will help.

Cheers !

You are a genius thank you! it finally works, the uninstall and install worked, i obviously didnt uninstall it fully before.

thank you very much, ive been racking my brain for days haha!

1 Like

That’s cool to read :slight_smile:

Well then it"s time to make some Kicks & beats, enjoy your Kick 2 plugin and don’t forget to check the walk-through course here How To Use Kick 2 By Sonic Academy | Tutorial 01 - Kick 2 Features walkthrough

Close your ticket with S.A support by letting them know that it’s now working.

Cheers !