Is anyone else having issues with streaming the tutorial videos?

Any update on this @Tekalight @bryan_spence?

Having this same issue with Austin Hull courses too

1 Like

@rorycampbell @jpnavarromusic

Let’s try to narrow things down so that Bryan can take a further look into this. At the time this issue was pointed, S.A mentioned that they were having an issue with the video player, but this has been fixed, so might need to go to some troubleshooting & details again.

• What Austin Hull courses guys ? Since there are 3 tutorials from him ( HTM Pop, Redrum and Tech & Tips vol.39 ) and is it happening on all videos of the course or specific one(s).

• Have you tried to watch other courses as well and experienced the same issues ?

• Any other video buffering issues when streaming content from other sites in Europe or UK ?

@jpnavarromusic what’s your location ? Are you also streaming from an Asian-Pacific country like Rory is ?

Im watching Redrum however this happens for all videos, always has done.

I think it may be a location thing, its been going on since I signed up to sonic academy 6 months ago. Sometimes the videos load, other times they don’t.

Like I said before internet is at good speed and I don’t have any other issues streaming from other websites. (I’ve also tried streaming sonic academy through safari, Firefox and edge with all the same issues).

Hope this helps.

I’m streaming from Argentina. I’ve described the problems I’m having several times in this very same thread, but just in case:

1. I’m trying to watch How To Make Pop with Austin Hull, but I’ve experienced this issue with every course in the platform. Tried with Misc.Inc LoFi course, synthwave with Timecop1983 and several others.
  2. I don’t have any issues streaming from other services like YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, TIDAL. The only platform which is failing to work fine is Sonic Academy.
  3. My speed test: 120Mbps download and 30Mbps upload per speedtest.net
  4. The problem goes like this: It works for the first 3mins of a video, then starts to change back and forth between 720p and 1080p automatically and hangs for 8-10s, then plays 5-10s and hangs again. Sometimes even more.
  5. I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Brave. The behavior is the same in all browsers. I also tried reseting my wifi router, and other stuff, same behavior.
1 Like

@rorycampbell @jpnavarromusic

Thank you for those info again guys and sorry for the bother but I think it’s not gonna be an easy one, and as Rory mentioned, I’m also afraid it could be region related with the broadband service being unstable especially during peak times like evenings and weekends. For the other side of things and the video service provider back-end and streaming debit & performances, that’s S.A team part, so they’ll have a look at this again and hopefully will give you guys some feedback soon.

Thank you, I appreciate that. It’s super painful experience at this point.

1 Like

Hey guys any update on this? Not to sound like a dick but im paying for a video streaming service that doesn’t stream videos lol

2 Likes

The streaming problem is still there. Just earlier i was watching the new Additive Synthesis Tutorial, the first 4 videos played fine but then i started video # 5 and the issue started to happen again. buffering every few seconds. This is making it completely unwatchable :frowning:

1 Like

I had heaps of trouble last night, switched from Firefox to Chrome and had no problems

EDIT: Actually im having massive issue today. Super frustrating, definitely not my connection as a speed test came in at 26mbps. Even going down to 720p isn’t helping.

I’m in Melbourne. Everything works fine except Sonic Academy. Did a speed test and got 26mbps… I think their website might be overloaded?

Right now guys the issue seems to be very specific to Australia.

I’ve been working in the background about the possibility of moving to a new server backbone but it is not a simple switch - we would have to move the entire video library. And the system we are moving to is not ready for us.

One temporary thing we could do is put more recent content on the newer servers but it’s not a proper long term solution.

If anyone is finding the content completely unwatchable and cannot wait for a solution you can drop a message to customerservice@sonicacademy.com

We will refund any downtime you’ve experienced because of it.

——
If you want to help - I could use an exact video that is causing a reproducible problem for you guys - I would like to test a direct link to the content to see if that is any different

What I would say is if you find the issue comes out of nowhere after some successful videos - refresh the page and play again - as the video may not yet be cached at your local end point.

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here and I have the same problem, videos are buffering so much , they are just cut and stop. I have a fast speed internet connection , and Im using ethernet cable, so thats not the problem. Please Help because I cant follow the course I want, because of this issue. For example at Tutorial 06 - Chorus Percussion video stops after the first 0.27 seconds then after some time start from the beggining and stop at the same time spot.
Im using Google Chrome and the course is Pop with Austin Hull. Location: Greece
Thank you in advance.

Liana

Pop with Austin Hull- Please <3

1 Like

Still no change or reply to my email.

Red Rum with Austin Hull is one Im having trouble with

any particular video you can point me to?

@Liana_Gk
can you try this video link directly for me to see if you still get the issue
https://vzaar.com/videos/19776016

@rorycampbell - any particular video?
heres one Dacast Backoffice

@mnaqeeb - can you try this video
https://app.vzaar.com/videos/22311014

@jpnavarromusic - can you try this
https://app.vzaar.com/videos/19776120

again it would be better if everyone can give me a specific video - as the issue can be related to a specific video at times and it makes it easier to hone in on the issue

2 Likes

@bryan_spence
https://vzaar.com/videos/19776016
This link works fine to me. Thank you. So maybe you could do this for the whole pop course please ?

as i say its really more than just that video working or not - it needs to be one you are having an issue with
so that video is on our website here

can you check to see if it also plays well or if there is an issue?