Jaytech - Tigerlily Remix contest with Anjunabeats / 23

When do the winners get announced?

Winners were announced on the 10th of April via Sonic Academy Live Stream and on their socials :wink:

So here’s the update for those who missed the announcement :

1st - Caava
2nd - Paul Arcane
3rd - Latseb

wow I just noticed the winning track is very very very close to the original, and here I am trying to make it as different and unique as possible. I may have to rethink my remixing approach lol

Hi there @producer1

That’s often the tedious choice between making a Remix or a complete Rework, it’s definitely 2 different ways to approach this exercise. Most of the time a typical Remix retains a lot of the original elements as well as the track arrangement & progression. When taking the Rework approach, you definitely need to be very creative in order to make something different but still in the vain of the original so that listeners can instantly refer to to it, it’s more complicated.

All of that said, also keep in mind that beside production quality, it then comes to much more subjective criteria when a producer needs to choose the winning Remix(es). It involves expectations from the producer, sometime they will find that a complete different approach or making the Remix/Rework almost fitting a new genre is good to refresh the track but it’s not always the case. Again, very subjective choice in the end and that’s the part nobody can really predict when submitting a Remix/Rework.

It’s always a good habit to browse through the Producer’s discography as well as the label portfolio to check if they are more conservative or open to different genres & flavors IMO, and if you come across previous Remixes, you can have a better idea if they are very similar to the originals or more creative & unique.