Jerome Isma-Ae - Fiction Remix Competition with Jee Productions / 12

So far my 5 first pick-ups remixes are : @Enlusion , @EdduarCross , @iamMTN , @Secca, @mariuszchodorek

The number of tracks have almost double since last week and every one is doing hard work, I really enjoy the SA community and hope everyone is doing the same & having fun. Good luck to everybody !!

1 Like

Fixed :wink:

@mariuszchodorek Had a new listen, great work for the synths, now those lovely sounds are coming through !! But still, though I like the track because it’s different, I am still expecting some tension, some beat variation, some surprise… But it’s not happening !! You could induce a pattern variation in your beat, you should add more drums sounds and get out the linear 4x4 kick drum pattern. Also, because your track is slower, you should review the arrangement, the first part is too long because tension is not happening, it sounds like a long intro. You have a very good sound, so each time I listen to your remix I say to myself, damn !! Why the magic is not happening !?, it should !! So really : beat, tension, arrangement, maybe try raising the tempo ?! Don’t know but surprise & magic is expected when we start to listen to your track !!

Production’s level is getting really higher with the work of @Eeemus , @elessar , @Tested on Humans (whoever you are, couldn’t find your user name tag :), @Risingsun

Great work folks !! I won’t go too much into details but overall you have great tracks :slight_smile:
No I have to listen a few more times in order to decide if I change my vote or not… Lol

Good luck everybody !!

Just uploaded my track. Much different than everyone elses, decided to go a different route altogether.

@thedangayle Whouaahh !! Amazing track man, so I think I found my new vote. :slight_smile: Listening to your track was a real 6 minutes travel in a “fiction” world, the richness of all the synths & fx sounds behind this slow-mo deep beat is just incredible, and for the mixing work, it’s fine tuned and just impressive. Thank you for that one, pure pleasure for the ears & soul… Rare stuff.

1 Like

Michael Norton, that is a tune! Proper hypnotic, emotional techno (otherwise known as trance)! Get in!

Thanks Fin, glad you like it and enjoyed the hypnotic kind of sounds I applied to this remix. However I hope my influence of techno hasn’t come across to much as was aiming more for progressive house :slight_smile:

It’s really interesting to hear the song both faster (140bpm) and slower (halftime) at the same time. Almost everything in the original track grooves along just fine, just had to cut down some of the high hats :wink:

1 Like

Hey everyone, just uploaded our track for the remix! Hope you all enjoy it!!

Hi Everyone, having discussed this now we do not want any remixes posted to soundcloud. Thank you for your understanding on this.

Just updated my mix. It was nice to have some extra time for finetuning the mixing and mastering.

Good to see so many great entries again, my favourites so far are @EdduarCross, @mariuszchodorek and @thedangayle.

1 Like

makes sense to me

@chris_agnelli Thanks for clarifying that one about SoundCloud uploads, also makes sense to me.

@thedangayle Which is showing your very good approach and creativity skills when it comes to making a track yours and I can see I’m not the only one to dig your track, so good luck and thanks again. :wink:

Hi guys, firstly I would like to thank Sonic Academy so much for giving me such great material on every aspect in production on their website. This is my FIRST EVER TRACK made and shared. I have been using Ableton for almost 3 years now and I have never got to finish a track nor make it sound right. This tutorial with Fiction has really helped me so much in terms of arrangement techniques and much more. Thanks to Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor for guiding us through! I have given my best on the track, please do hear it and let me know how it sounds. :slight_smile: Thanks again! Cheers from India!

Just uploaded my remix, thanks to everyone, this time i think my production is way better :smiley:

Trying to submit but it says the submission date has passed? I thought it was going till the 16th?

Im not sure why but the soundcloud upload is quite better than the one from here in some transitions. It would be cool to have the opportunitty to reupload it :wink: here it is, if someone would like to feedback me I would do the same in exchange :wink: SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

oh man I can’t upload my remix… it says it’s over -__-. the course says until the 17th

1 Like