Julian Gray - It is what it isn't Remix Competition / 18

Hey @Emote

I never said I didn’t like the remix, it’s a good one :wink:
Was just trying to point people at levels here…

and BTW, know that you can always re-upload your track if needed.

All the best & Good Luck :wink:

Hi! Julian told me only 1 submission could be made… you know i something I dont? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @Schwartz

Sorry about the confusion here… Yes, it’s only ONE submission per participant but if you need to re-upload a new version of your submission after making some changes you can do so, only the latest version will remain. :wink:

Of fantastic news!! Thank you and how exackty should I do it direction-wise? Thanks again for your promt response.

@Schwartz

Simply use the “Submit Your Mix” link from the remix-comp page, the latest upload will overwrite the previous one allowing you to update your remix if you made any changes after a first submission.

Edit: This might have confused people, you need to delete your previous version before using the “submit link” to upload the new one.

Of course, be sure to upload before the submission ends date, once passed the link won’t be active anymore.

https://www.sonicacademy.com/remix_contests/julian-gray-it-is-what-it-isn-t-remix-competition

cheers @Emote :ok_hand:

WOW!
Just finish upload my remix.
The beginning its 30 sec “ID” style :slight_smile:
I hope you guys will enjoy it !
Julian and other producers - I have a lot to learn from you!
Good luck :slight_smile:

Nissim

@mastertwain Really loving those bright chords and ambient breaks with those lead stems. Super solid!

My favorite is notlewis. Outside the fuckin box!

Hi Tekalight! So it seems that I’m unable to re-submit a song. Is there any way you guys could make an exception? I’m sitting at #1 already, but have already made it so much better and cleaner. Joinging the Mau5trap roster is a dream of mine and if there;s anything you can do to help me submit the new mix (same time length), i’d be so grateful.

Hey guys,
I noticed that other tracks are much louder then mine.
Do you think I should fix it ? i’m using -14 LUFS as a target.

Hey @Emote

Sorry for delayed reply. It should always be possible to upload a new version of your mix using again the “Submit Your Mix” button from the remix-comp page. You have to be logged in of course. I will ask S.A team if they know of a problem.

Hey @nissimbm

To me it’s better to gain in clarity & dynamics than aiming for the loudest mix possible but it’s my personal approach. If you plan to make it louder, you’ll probably have to be careful. I can hear quite a lot saturation in your mix, it’s difficult to get rid off those because of the vocals stems I think, so pushing the mix further just rising to a limiter won’t do good I think.

@Emote OK, S.A team had a look into this and it works fine but you need to delete your previous version and upload the new one, it should work then. My previous reply @Schwartz might have been confusing, sorry, corrected now.

Just a reminder here, the vote here on the remix-comp page is just for fun and for remixes appreciation between competitors. Though it’s already great to have your remix sitting at the first place, remember that this has absolutely no influence on the final decision when picking up the 3 winners, this is done by artist/label.

Let me know if deleting your previous mix and uploading the new version did work.
Cheers !

thanks!

Really loving the @Venu_music remix.

@quentinpeak thank you so much my dude much love!:3 lovin the chill groove and those airy leads you brought in, cool ass vibes!

Lots of new names on here - welcome everyone to Sonic Academy. Some amazing mixes on here!

i’m so hyped for you guys to hear my remix! good luck to everyone!

Levels…levels…levels… :sob: