Hi again @TectonicBeats
Just finished to install FL 20 Latest version v20.1.2 (buid 887 ) - 64 Bit on a WIN 10 Pro machine here and with a single instance of Kick 2 64 Bit Plugin, I haven't experience any glitching issue, though I haven't try to load more tracks or do more than running 1 channel with Kick 2 and looping a default 4x4 beat Midi Loop.
I could browse & change presets on the fly while playing back and can't see anything wrong so far.
This is minimal testing of course since FL is not under any other resources charge but it's a good way to troubleshoot with just Kick 2.
Here are my specs :
- Plugin : Kick 2 v1.1.1 64 Bit
- Daw : FL 20 Trial Latest v20.1.2 (buid 887 ) - 64 Bit
- OS : WIN 10 Pro v1809 - Build 17763.504 Apr-19
- CPU : 6 Cores Intel Core i7-6850K 3,60 GHz
- Mother Board : ASUS X99-A II socket 2011
- Ram : 32 GB
- GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- Audio Interface : Apollo Twin MKII Quad ( not using the Asio4All Drivers in FL )
Here are the steps for insatll & testing :
- Just did a standard FL 20 Install as Administrator & for the current user, also installed the ASIO4ALL v2 drivers.
- Ran FL 20 once with Demo Project, closed FL & reopen.
- Reopen FL 20 went to Options/Manage Plugins and UN-ticked the Plugin search path that I'm not using, it seems you can't UN-select the VST3 ones
I Have all my 64 Bits VST Plugins installed to a standard C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\manufacturer+name folder so the Kick 2 x64.dll path is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Sonic Academy\Kick 2 x64.dll
I let the default settings in FL Studio Plugin Manager :
- Verify plugins ( on )
- Combine VST & VST 3 + Combine 32 & 64 ( on )
Then clicked on "Find plugins" and didn't get any errors with Kick 2 Plugin.
For the 3thrd party plugins returning an error, this was fixed by double clicking on the plugin at the right side of the manager and correcting the "type" field on the info page then "Apply Changes"
After the full plugins scan & correcting errors, closed FL Plugin Manager and FL 20
Reopening FL 20 and inserting an instance of Kick 2 onto channel 1, set a 4x4 midi and looped it, just seem to work fine for me.
So yes, this could be hard to troubleshoot, but I think it's worth spending time to do a meticulous check of both OS & FL 20 Updates and to scan & verify plugins in FL ( as opposed to the fast scan method ), taking the time to open/close FL between major steps.
Hope this can help but again, I think that a video showing the issue you're facing and detailed info could help.