Kick 2 License Doesn't "Take"

Hi Tekalight,

First I want to thank you for your patience and help in this issue. I am currently working with support but in case anyone reading the forum is curious later down the road, the issue is partially resolved.

The new registration seems to take, and persist between saves, but whenever an older project that used Kick 2 is loaded initially, the Kick 2 starts in evaluation mode. I can delete the plugin, add it back, and it starts as registered, and I need to re-select the preset I used. It then seems to operate normally until the next time I re-load the project.

A brand new project seems to work fine. I can start a new one, add Kick 2, select my preset, save, close, and re-open that new project, which all works normally, so the current state of the issue seems to only be affecting my projects which were made before the issue started.

As mentioned, support has been great so far once we got in contact and progress is being made, so I will post updates as things move along.

Thank you again for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and no worries, Iā€™m glad if that could help and yes, itā€™s nice for others members to keep the forumā€™s topics up to date when you get something sorted out thanks to the support team, good community behavior ! Thanks :wink:

My take on this is that it might also come from the way Live handles projects saving and the data being written in Abletonā€™s project files. Many times if you open a Live Project done with an older version of the DAW, it will ask you to convert it or warn you about compatibility issue. Another example is opening a previous project using older Liveā€™s native plugins ( i.e : the older version of ā€œUtilityā€ ), you will see an ā€œUpgradeā€ button displayed on the plugin if you are using the new version.

Removing the older instance of the plugin and replacing it with the new one and saving again your Live Project will solve this most of the time, so IMO, itā€™s a good habit to have with Ableton Projects across versioning anyway :wink: