Kick 2 problem-GUI (black screen/ glitches)

Hey there,
My friend has bought Kick 2 but after installation he gets a black screen of the vst
he did every step of the installation and still black vst screen

does someone experience this too ?

Please Help
Thanks
Dillon

He’s using Cubase 8.5 and windows 7 home premium

Hi Dillon

I had a similar problem. Not sure if its related to your issue, always worth mentioning system specs etc.
I have Windows10Pro x64 on Cubase 8.5.15 x64 and installed only the Kick2 x64bit version.
What I found is the installer decided it would install boththe 32bit dll and the 64bit dll in the same folder.
My solution goto x64bit plugin folder in my case C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5\Vstplugins, but your system may be different.
Regardless look for Kick2.dll and delete it.
You should only have Kick2x64.dll in the folder.
Hopefully this sorts you out and next update SA will sort out the installer.
Peace
M

Hey thanks for the Reply
we also did this cause i saw that some people also having problems with the 32 bit version
this didnt help out :frowning:
He also updated his cubase to 8.5.15

I am also having problems with Kick 2 on Cubase 8.5

Also with black vst screen ?

Hi guys

so the GUI (black screen/ glitches) problem seems to be down to an out of date Intel Graphics driver.
Can you please update to the latest version here

and let me know your results

Hey guys i wanna let you know that the problem is solved the problem was that he didnt updated his graphics card

Thanks for the help

I’m still having this issue, I just bought the kick 2 upgrade and can’t use it cause the vst screen is black. I can’t even close its vst window, that’s so weird. Any ideas on how to solve this?
I got everything installed on a MacBook Pro Touch Bar, High Sierra.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @Fair_Vibe

Could You be more specific with your MacBook Pro Touch Bar Specs ?

For example, If it’s a 2016 model with an Intel i5 CPU then for the graphics GPU it’s using the Intel Iris Graphics 550 native from CPU, so according to the above you would like to check if your up to date with :

• High Sierra OS ( latest is 10.13.4 ((17E202) "just click about this Mac, and click again on 10.13.4 to reveal the release version.
  • as well as with your Intel graphics drivers. “About this Mac”-> “Displays” Tab for basic infos or “About This Mac” ->“Overview” Tab and “System Report” button → “Graphics/Displays” for extended infos.

Also which DAW & version are you using if we need to troubleshoot more ?

Thanks.