Kick 2 Stereo Output revert to Mono when reopening older PT Projects

Kick 2.1.1 AAX outputting in only mono

Hey @miamimusicman

Getting Stereo Ouptuts here using the following :

• Plugin: Kick 2 v1.1 beta
  • Daw : Pro Tools 2018.10.0
  • Platform : macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G3025)
  • Audio Interface: UAD Apollo Twin MkII Quad

https://forums.sonicacademy.com:/uploads/default/original/2X/c/cb4a2da904e8e55cc56750c7c3ab99e3242bc576.mp4

Could you please be more specific and include your specs & set up ?

Hey @miamimusicman

Any update with this issue ? Thanks to let us know more and if you’re still facing this problem provide us with the requested details and we could then start to help. :wink:

it seems to only happen in older sessions. when creating new track / session there’s no issues…I’m on Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.10 and Mac OS 10.12.6

You mean re-opening Projects that were made with a previous Pro Tools version or same version of Pro Tools but previous Projects that were using the the kick 2 v1.5 instead of the new Beta ?

previous versions of both Kick 2 and Pro Tools 12

So is the following assumption correct ??

• You’re running Pro Tools 2018.10 on macOS 10.12.6
  • You’ve installed Kick 2 v1.1.0 Beta over Kick 2 v1.0.5 ( 64bit )
  • Creating a new Pro Tools project and inserting Kick 2 v1.1.0 Beta works fine as expected → Stereo Out
  • Reopening a Pro Tools 2018.10 Project with a stereo instrument track previously created with Kick 2 v1.0.5 results in having only MONO Output on this track.

If yes, I will try to reinstall Kick 2 v1.0.5, create a PT 2018.10 project then install Kick 2 v1.1.0 beta over and try to reopen the project to see if I’m able to replicate this for support.

Please correct me if you think the above description is not correct or if you think I’m missing a point, thanks.

@miamimusicman

Yes, I was actually able to replicate this.

Edit: Take note that even though the stereo output is not recall when reopening PT Projects made using Kick 2 v1.05 with Kick 2 v1.1.0B as described, the simple fact of removing Kick 2 ( 1.1.0b ) plugin from the channel and adding it again turns stereo output back on. But then you might have to reload your presets.

@bryan_spence @phil_johnston if you coud please have a look guys, thanks.
Everything tested under masOS 10.13.6 (17G3025)

thanks

Will get this looked at.

EDIT : Fixed in Kick 2 Version 1.1.0b3
Hey @miamimusicman you should be good to go with the new beta 1.1.0b3
Download it from your account :

1 Like