KICK 2 Update Out Now / 636

Available to download for free from your account page (if you have already purchased KICK 2)
You can buy it here for £49.95 - or £24.95 if you already own KICK 1

KICK 2 has been updated to V1.02 and with it comes a host of new fixes and changes

• Improved Bezier Curve Accuracy
    Firstly and most importantly we have improved the accuracy of the Bezier curves.
    What this means is that the curves will now be much higher precision and will have less artifacts audible - The factory presets have all been updated to work with the new algorithm so there shouldn’t be any change here.
    If you have a saved project that you have been working on and you find that the new version of KICK 2 sounds a little different when you reopen your project - you can simply flip the switch in the settings panel to revert the algorithm back to the original legacy version. Going forward we recommend that you use the new improved bezier curves which are enabled by default.

• KICK 2 Upgrade version now includes Kick 1 Nicky Romero presets
    If you have come from Kick 1 you may have been missing your Nicky Romero presets on upgrade - we’ve converted these and they are now available from the DLC folder (Only on the KICK 2 Upgrade version)

• KICK 1 Preset Pack Vol 1 and 2 now KICK 2 compatible
    Preset Pack Vol 1 and 2 (Big Kicks and the Ost & Meyer Pack) are now fully compatible with KICK 2. If you have already purchased these packs - simply re-download them and you will find a KICK 2 installer.
    Otherwise - you can purchase them here
    Vol 1 - Big Kicks
    Vol 2 - Ost & Meyer

Other fixes & changes

• fixed: Clicking when using bezier curves in the AMP Envelope (see above note on improved curve accuracy)

• fixed: missing presets list refresh when switching category

• fixed: wrong octave index in render key display

• fixed: inconsistent curve shape when zooming

• fixed: normalised clicks not filling the waveform display

• fixed: GUI movement on switching to DLC folders

• fixed: Changing the limiter lookahead sometimes was not working

• change: Render key input now accepts the note name / not the MIDI note number

• change: Gate now uses an exponential curve to minimise digital clicks

• change: Meters now have a smoother response

1 Like

I love Kick 2… !!! And Version 1.01 was working really well here… now great to have better curves but even when I go to legacy mode my old kicks are not same anymore… there is something different in the end… like same thing that was in Version 1.00 that the fade out is strange and maybe too long… it says that the fade out curve is now better for preventing clicks… but actually it´s clicking more than in Version 1.01 now. Or am I doing something wrong here ?

can you send me the preset you’re having trouble with?

Hey Bryan,

thanks for the fast response… that´s top customer support…!

Basically what happens is that now in the end of the Kick quite some cycles are missing… it was the same problem in 1.00… then is was good in 1.01.

You can see it in the screenshot when you compare the big window with the little render window. The rendered kick is way shorter than it should be.

Boris

That is odd . Lemmie check that when I get back into the studio

Hey,

Checked this out - and you are right the (anti-click) fadeout is overriding the Amp Envelope. Let me look into this

Hi again,

any plans when this will be fixed…?
Thanks.

hey PM me if you wish to try out the BETA - which has this resolved

Hey Bryan_spence.
Can u please help me, cuz yesterday i bought Sonic Academy Kick 2 - V1.03 and i download it, i did all the installations on my iMac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.4…
But i can’t open it, so i don’t know how to use the KICK 2.keylife to activate and start to use it in Logic pro x.
I never had this with a new plugging before… :frowning: