KICK 2 V1.03 Available Now / 640

V1.03 of KICK 2 is available for download now

If you have already purchased KICK 2 - simply navigate to your account area to download the update.

a list of changes are listed below:

Included in this release is a KICK 1 preset converter tool - which allows you to convert your KICK 1 custom presets to KICK 2 format.

V1.03

• Increased performance & addressed issue where GUI would occasionally freeze on some systems
  • Auto Fadeout (to avoid clicking) only applied when GATE is on
  • Fadeout changed to exponential curve instead of linear to reduce clicking
  • The Length and Pitch sliders no longer snap to cursor position
  • Meter graphical response has been smoothed
  • Included Kick 1 Preset Convertor for Windows and Mac
  • fixed: bug where changes to Limiter lookahead would be ignored
  • fixed: issue where the tail of the KICK would modulate in certain scenarios when using a very short KICK length
  • fixed: bug where plugin would crash on closing the plugin window after using the generate function in windows
1 Like

THANKS GUYS!!!
The preset converter is now working on windows yeahhhh !
And it’s not buggy right?
Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Great, thanks…
It would be nice in the next version to lower the preset volume levels by a few db (6’ish), because currently the majority of them clip in the red. (i.e. bass/bass 03 - the makeup is way to high)

The converter seems to work allright. I have to point to a place where to put the converted kicks. It is preset to the Kick 2 folder in the Library (I am on Mac). And it has to be an empty folder. All fine.

But then there is a small mystery how to get these presets to show up in Kick 2? I can not find a location where the other presets live. Nor a way to import them from the plug in. I hope somebody can enlighten me. Must be some fairly obvious solution to this I presume.

The DAW crashes when navigating through clicks.Cubase 8.5.20.Win 8.1.Everything is up to date,no 3’rd party pirated VST’s.Tried on several soundcards.Apollo Twin USB,TC Electronics Impact Twin,M-Audio M-Track.

My software also crashes,i’m using a Mac Pro 2.8 Intel core i5 in conjunction with Machine Studio.Everytime i move the length from left to right and the pitch up and down on the Kick2 Machine Studio crashes ,well,i have lots of plugins that i use with Machine and i never had this happen to me,hope they have a fix for this issues this is the first time Machine crashes on me,mind this i just bought it a day ago and is giving problems already.I’m not writing this to discredit Kick2,cause i like what it does is an awesome plugin,but they have to do something about this glitches.

@Hoof I’m clueless about Mac but on windows it’s C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\Kick 2\Presets

And then I guess you’d probably put them in as user presets or DLC. Kick 2 is a little bit funky about nested folders so make sure whatever you put in there is just right inside whatever folder you add to User or DLC. You can have a folder (I believe) at the same level as, say User Clicks, but not inside it.

Unrelated: I’m happy to see that the slider jumping was changed. Aside from bugfixes I almost can’t see what else can be done with this plugin as far as updates. I’m pretty much completely happy with it. Unless they start adding features Steve Duda style. I wouldn’t hate a bitcrusher.

@Razzia I realized the folder (wich did not shop up in any searches) is in the mail library, not the user level one (there actually was one with prefs etc). And there is another picky thing about the nested folder thing: there has to be one that defines the category of the sounds in every one you make. Otherwise the presets will still not show up. But now all is fine!

And yes, what a great release it is. Not sure what they could improve either. I guess they are working on Snare 1 now. Or Hat 1.

Hey

Can you PM me directly with this or drop a ticket in
http://support.sonicacademy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Locations are listed in the Readme file

Mac location
HD > Library > Application Support > Sonic Academy > KICK 2 > Presets > User > SubCat > Preset.preset

PC
C > ProgramData > Sonic Academy > KICK 2 > Presets > User > SubCat > Preset.preset

You can also drag & drop a preset onto the plugin window :slight_smile:

hey - i got your ticket via support , will be in touch

Oh… is there a Readme file? #RTFRMF :smirk:

Thanks.

1 Like

is there a way just to get the preset converter tool, I have since changed emails since kick 1 and can’t get the tool

If you own KICK 2 - then its in your account downloads :upside_down:

Kick 2 v1.03 x64 in Cubase 8.5 & Win 10:
Kick may crash Cubase when scanning through presets - the faster you scan, the faster the crash. May depend on several factors, including HW, Intel drivers, soundcard drivers etc.
Remedy:
Use v1.02 which proved to be stable for me. I can now scan through presets at the speed of light without crash. Contact Sonic Academy support and ask for DLL-file (install v1.03 and then overwrite the v1.03 dll file “Kick 2 x64.dll” in your VST folder with the v1.02 dll file “Kick 2 x64.dll”).

Use v1.02 which is stable with Cubase/Win 10 ! Contact support, get dll file, overwrite v1.03 dll file with v1.02 dll file in c:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins/

I use KICK 2 for all of drum arrangements!