Kick, kick 2 and Ana incompatible with Catalina

I see that these plugins are incompatible with Catalina and my old projects are crashing before they open. What can I do? I want to open these old projects. Kick specifically is crashing live 10 and 11. Ana only crashes live 11.

Hey there @lkj123

Only Kick 1 and ANA 1.5 aren’t compatible with MacOS Catalina, ANA 2 and Kick 2 are working.

So if you have instances of Kick 1 or ANA 1.5 in older projects preventing you to re-open them, you should try to remove the plugins from their respective directories, then open Live with a default project and re-scan your Plugins via Preferences, then close Live and try to re-open your older projects.

For a quick workaround you don’t need to delete the Plugins, just MOVE them. Create a main BCKP folder on your desktop with 2 sub-folders : AU - VST and move the Plugins from the following folders.

Here are the Default Installation Plugins locations on MacOS ( unless you’ve installed them in a custom sub-folder like " Sonic Academy " inside this default path.

• AU Component :

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

→ Move any A.N.A.component and A.N.A x64.component to your desktop BCKP/AU folder and any Kick.component as well.

• VST 2 :

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

→ Move any A.N.A.vst and A.N.A x64.vst to your desktop BCKP/VST folder and any Kick.vst as well.

Nb : not sure about the exact name for Kick since I don’t have it installed, but you get the idea :wink:

If you’re still having issues to open your projects and think that Kick 2 could also be a problem, then do the same but this time move any Kick 2.component and Kick 2.vst to your backup folder.

Live keeps also a Plugin cache database and there’s a main AU cache database at MacOS system level as well, if you’re still running into issues after the previous workaround, you might want to clean up those. Just take note that in this case Live will need to re-scan all your Plugins and this can take some time, so try the above 1st.

Here are 2 links to learn more about those extra steps :

Re-setting the Live plug-ins cache manually

How do I clear my Audio Unit cache?

Hope this helps, let us know if it worked :wink:

Cheers !

Thanks, that worked!

1 Like