KICK2 not visible in Windows

Downloaded and installed Kick2 (1.1.4) on my Windows PC to C:\Program
Files\Vstplugins\ but I can’t seem to find it in that folder, or anywhere else.
Anyone have any ideas to help? I’m sure it will be something pretty obvious
that I have missed.

Hi there @gregfenton

1. Make sure that you have installed the correct version matching your Windows environment : 32bit or 64bit and not both installers.

2. Since you’re mentioning "C:\ProgramFiles\Vstplugins" I assume that you are on a 64bit Windows and that’s the default location where the 64bit installer would place the Kick 2 x64.dll plugin file.

You should find this file in there if you haven’t changed the default installation path when running the installer.

If you are using a custom or different VST2 plugins path like "C:\ProgramFiles\Steinberg\Vstplugins" then make sure to overwrite the default install path from the installer.

Then if you ran the 32bit installer as well, delete the Kick 2.dll file that would have been installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/VSTPlugins

3. If you’re using a custom VST2 plugin path inside your DAW ( i.e : "C:\ProgramFiles\Steinberg\Vstplugins" instead of the default "C:\ProgramFiles\Vstplugins" installer path, then that’s the one you must overwrite during the installation.

If needed, there’s a manual uninstall guide on our help page, but while this will remove KICK 2 core files and 64bit plugins, you will still need to manually remove the 32bit plugin in C:/Program Files (x86)/VSTPlugins as explained before.

Hope this helps :wink:

Please check the above and report back mentioning what DAW you’re using if you’re still running into issues.

Thanks for the info. I have removed all the instances of Kick2 from my PC (64bit) but when I reinstall it appears in C: Program Files VST plugins as a dll file listed from 2019 (perhaps an old trial version?) which I can delete but then reappears when I reopen C: Program Files VST plugins. Any help would be great?

Yes, that’s exactly where the plugin is installed by default when your run the 64bit installer : you should see a file Kick 2 x64.dll in this folder. The date is matching the file creation date, not your installation date, so 2019 is OK here.

So everything normal here, can’t you see KICK 2 inside your DAW now ??

Thanks. I can’t see or find Kick 2 in Presonus Studio One when I search in the vst locations section. I’m sure its something simple but any further ideas would be very helpful?

• Are you sure you didn’t install the 32bit plugin or run both 32bit and 64bit installers as mentioned before ?

I’m assuming you’re on a 64bit version of Windows and Studio One, correct ?

So you must only run the 64bit installer for KICK 2.

Please check that you don’t have a KICK2.dll file installed in :

C:/Program Files (x86)/VSTPlugins or C:/Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VSTPlugins

If you find a Kick2 2.dll file in there, then please delete it.

• It could be an issue with your Studio One settings as well : make sure that the VST path set in Studio One is matching your KICK 2 installation path.

The 64bit installer will install Kick 2 x64.dll to the default C:/Program Files/VSTPlugins folder but you can overwrite this and set a custom path during the installation and you should specify the same path as the one you usually use in Studio One settings ( just don’t mind the path in the screenshot here as I’m on a Mac at the minute but you get the idea ).

You can access this setting from : Setup / Locations / VST plugins

If you’re still having issues after checking the above, then please shoot an email to :

mailto:customerservice@sonicacademy.com