Missing all sounds

Updated to 2.0.9 and when I opened it all my sounds were missing. It said click to relink sounds but it wont let me do so!!
Whats the catch?

Hi there @gcurtissongs

Could you please let us know on which operating system you’re updating ANA 2 and in which DAW.

Also make sure that you run the matching installer version 32 or 64 bit according to your setup and during the install process you have to ensure that the installation path for the VST is matching your previous folder, it needs to overwrite your existing previous install.

If you can’t see your presets after the update, try to close your DAW, reopen it and launch a new instance of ANA 2. Also in the presets browser at the bottom you have a “refresh” option that you can click.

Hope this helps, let us know if you’re still having issue.

Mac OS 10.13.6 I use all daws

Have you give a try to relaunch the Daw(s), it should be enough to do it with only one and a new instance of ANA 2 as well as using the “refresh” feature in the presets browser ?

BTW are we talking about your own user presets or the factory & packs presets here when you mentioned “all my sounds are missing” ?

Tried all that. Factory and packs. When going through the patches there is no sounds and some say relink missing files. It is directed to the ANA folder but the sounds are greyed out.

I also reinstalled it twice

That’s weird, could be a file & folder permission issue on MacOS, not sure, or something went wrong during the installation. You could give a try to repair files permission under MacOS and restart your Mac but if the issue persists, then you might have to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of ANA 2.

If you need to do this, backup your Presets before :

All Factory Presets will be installed by default again, if you have any additional Presets Packs you can always download them from your S.A account and run the installers again.

Now if you have any User Presets, you need to make a back up and copy them somewhere else, presets themselves are stored in YourMacOSHDD/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/Presets/Sound Presets/User ( main Library, not the user one ) but if you imported your own samples to create presets you might have other files in different folders, therefore it’s best to make a full Backup of your Presets folder YourMacOSHDD//Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/Presets

Once you’ve done that check if you have a Sonic Academy folder inside your Applications folder, you should find an ANA 2 sub-folder with the manual & an uninstaller in there → /Applications/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/Uninstaller

Run the uninstaller, be sure to download a fresh archive of ANA 2 as well as any Presets Packs you should need to re-install ( that’s to make sure to avoid any corrupted downloads & archives, this happens :wink: ) and re-install ANA 2 & any Presets Packs you need.

Still suggest to check your macOS HDD & repair permissions before trying this.

OK thanks!!! I will keep you posted!!!

1 Like