Mixing & Mastering - High End Vs Stock Plugins with Ian Bland / 534

High End Vs Stock Plugins with Ian Bland

View Course

Sonic Academy proudly welcomes back veteran dance music producer Ian Bland for an in-depth course in Mixing and Mastering.

Using stems from ‘Back To The Flow’, a track he released under his ‘Maverick’ guise, Ian shares the techniques he’s fine-tuned over the 25 years he’s been producing hit records.

Throughout this tutorial, Ian uses both high-end plugins that emulate classic hardware used in professional studios, along with Logic Pro’s own stock plugins - similar to those found in any DAW, to give us a masterclass in achieving perfect end results whether you’re on a budget or not.

With tips on how to fine tune the compression, eq, panning, stereo spread and everything in between, this course demonstrates all the tools you can use (both expensive and the more accessible) to help your tracks shine and prepare them for both a club environment and an online release.

Check it out and get your tunes sounding more polished than ever!

NB
The vocals are included for educational purposes only and you do not have a license to use the vocals in your own productions.

You can purchase the pack from the Loopmasters website - use “LMNYR” to get 30% off this pack until May 19th 2018

[New York Rap Acapellas Part 3] (http://www.loopmasters.com/products/4334-New-York-Rap-Acapellas-Part-3)

so ?

I love what you do Ian and enjoy your style of music. I downloaded the pack and compared the un mastered files side by side. I’m an FL user so not much else I could do lol! The first thing I noticed is the high end plugin file seemed to have more compression on it so smacked a bit harder in the kicks but the Logic mix had it’s charms too. It seemed brighter in places to my ears anyway. Looking forward to more of your tutorials. Would love to see one on just taking tunes and getting ideas for remixes. I do a lot of remixing and would love some fresh ideas on how to approach songs for remixing. Keep up the good work :wink:

Hey, much respect for all the time you’ve being producing man :ok_hand:…definetly you have a lot of good techniques that Im going to remember, but Im struggling to find out if you did actually master the tracks good or badly? I mean, when you applied the high-end and low-end plugins I can see your master is always clipping to red, but then you bring out an LUFS meter that supposedly you are suggesting from to get the right levels…the problem is I don’t know if you are actually clipping on the master or if the LFU meter represents the actual loudness of the master, so Im not sure about what is really happening.

Three additional questions :stuck_out_tongue: :

• An alternative plugin for the LFU? maybe on iZotope?
  • An alternative plugin like the RoundTripAAC for Win?
  • Does the technique for spotify, etc…apply for soundcloud? and how do I know which sites are going to smash extra dB’s from a production? I do tend to produce and export an mp3 version with dithering in Ableton…

It would be cool to get some response from anyone and thanks for your time man, cheers :wink:

@blandystudio

1 Like

nice

Did not know that. Excellent insights!

great video

cool!!

Good info, thanks :wink:

Great course this. so much info!

its no the plugin, its the engineer,

really helpful!!! Thx Lan and SONIC

You can’t get that A/B plugin anymore unfortunately

Fat track Ian, learned a lot today thank you sharing pal. :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like