Mixing & Mastering - Mixing an EDM Wall of Sound with Soundprank / 471

Wow never knew you should sidechain snare :slight_smile: Good tip.

Phenomenal. What a true talent!

What’s interesting is that Collin talks about gain staging, but a lot of this tracks on there like the synths are sitting at 0 or slightly under 0db. If you export for mastering, wouldn’t this track be too loud? I know he said that it’s the sum total that matters going to the master bus, but wouldn’t even 1 synth at 0db blow all your headroom?

I depends where the master fader is… with 32bit floating point mixers there is tons of headroom.

The only place where a hot signal is a problem is on the master Buss as that is where the DAC is happening and where going over 0db is a real problem.

As for gainstaging on a channel basis it’s really a mater of taste/creativity and knowing your plugins.

E.g. If I’m looking a thicker sound on a bass I might push high gains in to a plugin I know has well moddled analog signal path. Like one of the UAD channel strips.

Some plugins won’t handle high gain going in so you do have to be carful. It just a depends what you are trying to do and what plugins you have.

It’s amazing how many different ways people sidechain, the way I do it is totally different but does the same function.

Boy, voiceover is boring and goes on and on and on. Poorly distinguished teaching ideas and too repetitive. This series should be called ‘How to sidechain anything’. Not impressed by teaching skills.

Great Course!

great

nice

nice

Sounds really nice.

nice

nice buildups

thank you

this is awesome thanks

nice

Nice

Yep