Mixing & Mastering - Mixing - Creating Space / 389

The first part of this course will give you some essential tips on creating space in your mixes making them sound wider and more polished.

why would you not want your drums right down the middle? My understanding is to spread your sound you should always keep the lows in the middle and your mids and highs to the sides.

Quizztones.net is now a paid app for mac and iOS :(

Nice tutorial however I think there is a bit of theory behind mixing techniques that is missing... and so the course tends to be a lot of tweaking parameters but with few global understanding about why...

Amazing tutorial!! Makes me want to learn

Excellent Tutorial, right to the point !

Nice track used for this tutorial! Is it available as a release? Can you recommend some producers who have a similar sound and make these kinds of tracks? Thanks, David.

This tutorial was really helpful, thank you!

Hi,

How do you solve the anti phase problem when placing the simple delay on each track ?

Thanks.

I always love Sonic Academy&#039s tutorials and especially when this guy teaches. He is straight to the point and moves at an excellent pace. Thanks!

This definitely gave me a better concept of how to go about approaching eq, panning and reverb.

Really cool tutorial. It would be nice though if somebody was reading the comments and answer the few questions above.

Lol, is the song your working on available to download?

Is there a reason why you use auto filter instead of eq eight when you cut out the low end?

its a 24db slope which cuts more out.... its also a bit easier to automate if you need to

no reason - just quicker :)

Great work on this tutorial!

Amazing tutorial, thanks Phil! I have to try out that quiz tones app, you clearly have a well tuned ear

Hi Phil,
I’m an FL user, but was wondering why you would use a filter to take out your Low Frequencies as opposed to just using an EQ? I’ve already learned a few neat tricks from your Tutorials : )

No real reason other than speed… In eq8 you have to change the eq type to hi pass filter… With the filter it’s just there.