Mixing & Mastering - Mixing Kick and Bass with Protoculture / 648

Thanks very much for this Nate have all your tutorials and the information is top notch

1 Like

Thank for for this tutorial, all these EQ techniques are really helpful, cheers!!

Great aproach by now. For me, thats the most difficult info to master at mixing and mastering.

Very very good course/tutorial. A lot of good info’s i never heard about before. Thank you.

Nice

Excellent. Thank you!!

thanks

Thanks for another great course, Nate! As usually from Protoculture, quite effective, balanced and (which is quite important for me) sort of theory-based techniques and suggestions. I’ve already created a couple of checklists for myself e.g. for mastering process using some of your previous courses, and they already proved to work for me. I’ve also checked out some other mixing courses, not here from Sonic Academy, and it’s quite pleasant to feel something like “That’s what Protoculture already taught me” :slight_smile: Many thanks!

Very knowledgeable guy, who has been around for years! So he knows a few things about producing :slight_smile:

Wow, this is great. Lots of valuable insight here. Thanks Nate. The pink noise reference tip in #20 is new to me, so practical!

1 Like

Nate, thank you so much for doing this. This is honestly one of the best collection of tips and tricks i’ve come across vis-a-vis low end “management”. I absolutely commend your dogma of understanding the concepts from the audio engineering perspective as it builds a solid foundation and sort of gives you a logical thought process not only in implementing best practices but also in bolstering your thoughts when you want to break convention. I’ve been your fan since my college days and its quite surreal to be here learning from you. Please keep sharing and teaching. I must implore you to give Neutron a spin - quite a few things you spoke about especially EQing (inverse eq) is all right there and it is super intuitive. The ability to use any frequency band to side chain another frequency band is just epic. I’m sure in your hands it’ll be like witchcraft! Cheers!

1 Like

Great instructions!

Most useful tutorial so far

1 Like

This video series has so much useful tips in it. That tip you showed on how to get a kick 2 setting, so closely matching other famous kicks, is game changing. I can’t tell you how helpful this video course has been, I might just have to buy it. I highly recommend doing the same. Especially if you’re not a member all the time, these videos are a great resource to have handy. Thank you.

1 Like

I have demo’d neutron… I think its great software but I’ll be honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of Izotopes interfaces. The plugins were a little on the heavy side (system resource wise) as opposed to a lot of the Plugin Alliance stuff I use currently. Pro-Q3 has some great new features that seem to have been inspired by Neutron, so haven’t really felt the need to pick Neutron up for myself.

This was far for in depth than I first thought it was going to be. Incredible useful and great! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In tutorial 14 you mention splitting the bass line into multiple tracks per different note for EQ’s sake. If you haven’t already, check out SurferEQ, it would completely solve that problem as it has pitch track/follow. It’s perfect for maintaining the timbre of basses and vocals as they change pitch.

1 Like

Interesting tutorial here, this method is the way to go for Psy tracks. Thanks

1 Like

Great tutorial, incredibly in depth and far more than what i was expecting

1 Like

Another excellent tutorial from Nate, hope to see more!