Music Theory - Chords / 419

What a boring course

needed tho

Helped a lot! Good for beginners.

Lots of great info here!

Great refresher course for a drummer who hasn’t been in high school band in 10 years :wink:

You made it simpler and easier to understand . Thank you

Great. Thank you

so hard to not fall asleep with this dude whispering into the mic

This person makes it so easier.

Nice refresher

back to the basics

Nice!!!

Very helpful, thank you Graham

Hi. Apologies for the newbie question…

In the first tutorial, you were explaining C major fifths. Each midi note in the editor had a musical annotation ( eg A4, B4 etc) Is this automatic in Ableton or is it a feature i need to switch on/off?

Also for the fifths, does this mean that the interval between the 2 notes must be 5?

Thanks

Yes, this is default in Live’s Midi editor, just make sure to use the vertical zoom in order to see the notes values.

That would be a “Perfect Fifth” then, i.e : G is the perfect fifth above C.

This one is Bad Ass and I truly appreciate it.
A+…BUT
Maybe I analyzed this too thoroughly…But during the A Major and A Minor progression I noticed you had put an A# into the chords to show an example of borrowing. But you weren’t borrowing it from either of those scales because the A# isn’t in either scale.
Maybe I’m retarded and it was borrowed from the A# scale? It wasn’t mentioned though. It threw me off so heavy lol
Again though… Thank you

Hi, was there a follow up video to this one please? I’m looking for a more advance video on the harmony between different layers (pads chords bass) and this seems to touch on what i’m after with the bass and chords. TIA

Hey there @MJ2008

You can use the “keyword” search feature on the main site and look for full courses & individual video matching your search ( some interesting content already typing in “Music Theory” for example ).

Nice.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment and welcome to the forums ! :sunglasses: