My new track enigma I used a lot more reverb on the lead and added more bass layers! Please listen and let me know thank you :)

https://soundcloud.com/andymac85/enigma

Hey Andy sounding great :smiley: The lead melody is really beautiful. I love the way it bubbles up from the pads. Something sounds a bit off about the kick to me. It sounds really exposed from the rest of the track. Not sure, but, maybe its too a bit loud? Everything else blends really well. The bass layers sound good!

I did think the same about the kick! I’m glad you like the melody! I agree thou something sounds off? I’ll have a look tomorrow :slight_smile: thanks for listening

kick is a bit loud… you also want to minimize the bass befor it kicks in or you lose the impact

SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds I’ve lowered the kick and added a piano

You a massive help Phil thanks :slight_smile:

Sounds great! The kick sits much better now. And the piano part is really choice!

Im 3 days into my uplifting trance track. :sunglasses: Really digging the track and the tutorial. Maybe Ill do a WIP post tomorrow before I break for a busy weekend.

Thanks! Yeah can’t wait to hear what you’ve made mate!

like the piano too… maybe it would work over the main section.

The fast bass stuff is a bit lost for me… i can only really hear the off beat bass, it could maybe come up a bit. Id also work on your transitions. the snares are the right idea but i think you could do more with those bits.

Have you got Ultimate FX2? thers some great fills and sweeps and fx etc.

https://soundcloud.com/andymac85/enigma

That’s the bass a bit louder and piano added over main section! I’ve left the risers and sweeps! I’m going to start a new track! Maybe come back to this at a later date! Just a quick question Phil about the mid bass would you have mainly in mono? Because I’ve just realised in this track everything is in stereo!maybe it’s taking up to much room?

Hey the final version sounds nice. Im on laptop speakers atm, but the bass actually sounds balanced on here!

Thanks it’s definitely my best effort! I’m starting a new one now :slight_smile: