New Member's Say Hello

Hi everybody,br
br
I’m just giving a shout-out to everyone, considering I’m new here. I’ve been out of the field for a while (making music, producing etc.), but have decided to make my return. I remember having read a couple of posts from this site in the past (which I had found very helpful), and considered FINALLY joining it in the hopes of finding help buying a portable DAW system (ideally laptop-based). I’ll be posting that in the correct sub-forum straight after this (I hope ). :Pbr
br
I’m mainly a musician (guitarist, but I can also play some drums), and had studied Sound Engineering/Audio Production at a college a couple of years ago. I’m looking at getting back into the field, so this is one of the first steps I’m taking making my way back into the world of all things sound and music. I’m hoping this’ll help improve my skills and am looking forward to meeting some interesting and helpful people along the way.br
br
That’s it for now I guess!br
br
Juan

What’s up! :smiley:

We are EDM Ranks, we welcome any artist, producer, and DJ to share their Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Youtube and more on our electronic music social network, free.br
br
We are looking forward to being on the Sonic Academy forums!br
br
Chad

Hello I’m new here would really love to learn sound design from a complete beginner point of view.

Hi I’m new here would love to learn sound design.

Welcome matey!
Hope you enjoy the site

Hi all, relatively new member, just saying hi…on browsing sample packs etc…

Hi Chris - hope to see you around on the forums!

More than likely! Im making what will probably be my last concerted effort to get anywhere with music lol

Same here!

I know this site for years but decided to join today on a monthly subscription. I know i can learn a lot from this site. Enjoying music in different styles.

1 Like

Hi all, glad to see the comunity getting bigger :smiley: well keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hello! What a great site! I can’t wait to dive in. Glad I found it, albeit, accidently.

Hi everyone am new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone nice to meet you and sorry for the longer post. And apologies if this is the wrong place to write this! The website and community here looks impressive and I’m excited to be a part of it.

I’m looking for some advice for an absolute beginner. I’ve been into trance for about 15 years now - listen to it daily. Unfortunately up until recently I’ve not been in a position to get into DJing or music production. That has now changed and I’m ready to dive in! I truly love the genre of music and have always wanted to get into this side of things.

My first issue is the equipment. There is a restriction with it - my job involves moving around the UK and Europe frequently. I can’t transport speakers or much equipment at all basically. A friend recommended a Pioneer XDJ-Aero although from looking online just now I’m not sure if these are still being sold? What do you guys think about this or are there better options out there? My budget is anywhere up to £1000. And in terms of learning the ropes, will I be able to do this just with headphones?

Second issue is the production software (I’m on an Apple laptop). Will only be planning to learn how to produce trance if that’s relevant. Any recommendations would be massively appreciated.

And any other advice on what you’d do starting out in my position or any beginner’s tutorials or anything at all I’d truly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tim Hughes

Hi I.m new here ! I like the video tutorial.But it’s hard to me to fully understand only by listening because I’m Chinese:cry:

Sup everyone! Im super new to all this!! Excited to network and learn from everyone. what is the best thing for learning the fundamentals for producing?? is there a product you recommend. I need a music for dummies book basically. I want to learn basic basic stuff. Thanks

purchased the drum synth on a recommendation … sounds very enjoyable.
nice to be using software again, after going through a “hardware-only” phase.

Welcome to the forums, wishing you to have fun @ enjoy your new Kick 2 software :wink:

Hello everyone. New member here. I’m interested in getting into electronic music. Still in the learning phase, though, which is why I am here :slight_smile: Jeff