New Member's Say Hello

More than likely! Im making what will probably be my last concerted effort to get anywhere with music lol

Same here!

I know this site for years but decided to join today on a monthly subscription. I know i can learn a lot from this site. Enjoying music in different styles.

1 Like

Hi all, glad to see the comunity getting bigger :smiley: well keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hello! What a great site! I canā€™t wait to dive in. Glad I found it, albeit, accidently.

Hi everyone am new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone nice to meet you and sorry for the longer post. And apologies if this is the wrong place to write this! The website and community here looks impressive and Iā€™m excited to be a part of it.

Iā€™m looking for some advice for an absolute beginner. Iā€™ve been into trance for about 15 years now - listen to it daily. Unfortunately up until recently Iā€™ve not been in a position to get into DJing or music production. That has now changed and Iā€™m ready to dive in! I truly love the genre of music and have always wanted to get into this side of things.

My first issue is the equipment. There is a restriction with it - my job involves moving around the UK and Europe frequently. I canā€™t transport speakers or much equipment at all basically. A friend recommended a Pioneer XDJ-Aero although from looking online just now Iā€™m not sure if these are still being sold? What do you guys think about this or are there better options out there? My budget is anywhere up to Ā£1000. And in terms of learning the ropes, will I be able to do this just with headphones?

Second issue is the production software (Iā€™m on an Apple laptop). Will only be planning to learn how to produce trance if thatā€™s relevant. Any recommendations would be massively appreciated.

And any other advice on what youā€™d do starting out in my position or any beginnerā€™s tutorials or anything at all Iā€™d truly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tim Hughes

Hi I.m new here ! I like the video tutorial.But itā€™s hard to me to fully understand only by listening because Iā€™m Chinese:cry:

Sup everyone! Im super new to all this!! Excited to network and learn from everyone. what is the best thing for learning the fundamentals for producing?? is there a product you recommend. I need a music for dummies book basically. I want to learn basic basic stuff. Thanks

purchased the drum synth on a recommendation ā€¦ sounds very enjoyable.
nice to be using software again, after going through a ā€œhardware-onlyā€ phase.

Welcome to the forums, wishing you to have fun @ enjoy your new Kick 2 software :wink:

Hello everyone. New member here. Iā€™m interested in getting into electronic music. Still in the learning phase, though, which is why I am here :slight_smile: Jeff

So, that will be 3 welcome in a day, right ?? :smiley::relaxed:
Welcome and hope youā€™re going to like the site and learn a ton !!

Cheers !

I started dabbling in electronic music production with Reason 1 and am now looking to up my game to a professional level.

Hey there @SETIfx

Welcome to Sonic Academy & the forums ( though youā€™ve been a long time member :grin:), hope you enjoy the site and learn great things.
Next to the Forums where you can ask for support, start discussion or share tips, S.A have also launch a new Face Book Discussion Group, feel free to join here :

Cheers !
S.

Thanks Stephane - I joined! Appreciate the heads up - looks like a great resource.

1 Like

Yep it is, I had a FB account just used to post Daws, plugins news & S.A related things and really did not believe the amazing Music Production Discussion Groups you could find using FB Groups as well as the number of users and how fast it can be to get replies & interact with others. Iā€™ll see you there soon then :wink:

Cheers !
S.

Hi im wormbus, im a track making hobbyist. You can find my stuff at Stream WroMbus music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

Hi @WroMbus

Welcome to Sonic Academy and the forums :slight_smile:

I hope that you will enjoy the site and next to the forums where you can ask for support or discuss about tutorials & Music Production, be sure to also check Sonic Academy Face Book discussion group which is another great way to share with S.A community members :wink:

Cheers !
S.

Hi,

Im completely new to music production, I was a fan of House and Tecnho back in the 90s so thought it might be fun to try and make a track.

I have picked up Ableton Standard, Ana2, Kick2 and Syntorial hopefully that can get me going.