New Member's Say Hello

Hello friends, Warwick here. Been looking for something like this for a long time. Can’t wait to learn more from everybody.

HEy

I joined a few weeks ago but haven’t had time to explore very much here.

I just moved to NYC and am looking to expand my knowledge on Live, Reason, and general recording / production tips to aid in the creation of my solo album. I predominantly make dance / rap music with punk rock leanings that dabbles into subgenres such as: dubstep, dirty house, bmore club, etc. I’ve been fronting bands and rapping for years but it seems that most of my time and energy always goes into live performances, so I don’t have an incredible amount of recorded material to show for myself even though I write music / have ideas constantly.

I’m interested in the community aspect of this for networking, sharing production tips, sharing music / resources, and possible collaborations.

$n€åK¥m¡K€

Facebook

Stream sneakymike music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

twitter.com/PartyShaman

Welcome Guys!

HOWDY! From rainy Seattle =)

I’ve spent the past year building out a live rig and mini studio. This website was really the last key i needed to really propel me into production\performance.

If anyone else on this site is the area hit me up - we should jam!

hello to all you music lovers/people

I’m not a DJ, I’m not a musician, cant read a note of music, cant play an instrument BUT…

I have all this music going on in my head…I’m full up!! Need to unload if you know what i mean.

Am I in the right place to do this? Can someone help me to make this real?

Thanks for listening

Sqounk999

Hey hey Sonic Academy and colleagues. Thanks for having me!

First off, I actually attended a different online only music production course. Icon Collective. 6 grand. 6 GRAND! After the first two months, I cancelled and got the remaining money refunded. I knew there had to be a better way to learn. The random YouTube videos on the net weren’t working for me either.

Then I saw Sonic Academy. I figured, small cost to at least peek it out.

I’ve learned more in the “Make Music with Ableton 6” videos than I had learned in the months I was with Icon Collective.

I’ve got a killer setup. A Mac Pro tower with Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro, midi keyboard controller, killer studio monitors, Native Instruments Komplete. People are envious about my setup. But to me? Sonic Academy really has brought it all together.

To actually make something quick and cohesive and actually SOUND good, made my day.

Thanks Sonic Academy. Member 4 life!

Welcome to the forum man :smiley: you’re gonna learn alot dont be afraid to ask :smiley:

Hey soulmach88 checking in here! Looking forward to chatting to you guys and hopefully picking up some tips and help along the way txtPost_CommentEmoticon(‘:D’);

Peace

Welcome aboard!:smiley:

Hello guys, my name’s Keegan. I’m looking forward to learning a lot from sonic academy. I’ve been producing dance music for quite some time but unfortunately my arrangements are horrible and I have a hard time finishing tracks. I think it’ll help to belong to a community like this, it seems like you guys support one another lots and the tutorials are awesome. :slight_smile:

Hey guys!

I’m Christoph from garlic//pine :slight_smile: And I’m new to Sonic Academy.

Started producing dance music, especially Electro House on year ago with a FL Studio Demo :smiley: Now I got Ableton Live for a few month and increased my knowledge on producing in so little time by watching the free Sonic videos, that I had to subscribe.

Looking forward to learn so much great stuff :slight_smile: Really like it here!

Greets from Germany,

Christoph

Hi, look forward to improve my skills! This website is amazing…

welcome to SA peoples…

the site is indeed amazing :slight_smile:

Yeah, welcome guys! Great names btw… :slight_smile: :cool:

G’day

Hoping to pick up a few idea’s and learn some new stuff

Hi All,

I have been signed up to the site for a few months now but not been on the forums much in honesty. I’m a Bsc Music Tech graduate looking for a few tips and tricks to take my sounds to a more pro level. Recently I have been doing a few submissions for websites and viral videos. Hopefully I will gain some success from them.

I have found the tutorial videos to be brilliant so far. A lot of what I have seen has really helped solidify lots of the theory and recording from uni in my mind, I feel much more confident in my sounds now, so cheers for that guys!!

welcome man! you will learn a lot here! don’t be afraid to post… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everyone, just signed up to the site the other day and I’ve been absolutely consuming the videos so quickly!

I’ve been DJing about 6 years now, I play house and other chart stuff. If I ran my own night it would be kind of funky / tech / prog house. But because I live in Bath I play pretty much at commercial nights, so I only really play commercial stuff all the time!

I’ve often thought about trying my hand at producing and just decided to go for it, I’ve got Ableton on a 28 day trial and a demo of Sylenth, but will probs end up buying the Intro version of Live soon!

Anyways, if you are interested in my taste in music then check out the links below, top one is my tech / cool house music stuff, bottom one is more commercial and electro…

Looking forward to contributing and hearing from you!

Cheers :smiley:

[url=http://soundcloud.com/ollyking/]http://soundcloud.com/ollyking/[/url]

and

[url=http://soundcloud.com/kingstonrhythm/]http://soundcloud.com/kingstonrhythm[/url]

Hi all, Im from Croatia and i have found this site on youtube.

I want to learn and be in contact with new people on forum.

I work with Reason 5, and with Cubase when its needed.

I prefer to make house, dance and something like rap club bangers…

looking foward to new expirience

Regards :slight_smile:

Welcome Lads! :smiley: