NKS for ANA 2

Hi,
I am a legitimate user ANA 2. Where do I find the files of the NKS? (I use the Komplete Kontrol s61)

I found one created by a member of the NI forums here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/nks-user-library.262959/

It’s the drop box link within the first post. Here is a direct link to the drop box that has a lot of NKS ready files for various synths including ANA 2 :slight_smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzurgi/AAAXKZinx8QQHhdgJPtAChOwa?dl=0

If you use it, please let me know how it works out, as I am eagerly awaiting my KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 MK2 to be delivered, and ANA 2 is the first synth I wanted to map :smiley:

Interesting :slight_smile:

Do you know if those NKS files are matching ANA 2 factory or pack’s presets that have been mapped by one user or are they custom user’s presets ??

1 Like

So far it looks like the NKS files are mapped for the standard Factory Presets only, which include “OGG previews”. The main NKS graphic needs to be updated however, as it appears to have ANA1 as the graphic as it stands, (unsure why it was created that way, but def an easy fix). I’ve been studying this, and many more NKS examples so that I can make the Ambient bank I’m creating use this standard to be included. Still awaiting my S88 MK2 order, and can’t wait to get started!

1 Like

Very cool, be sure to let us know here when you’ve got your hands on the S88 MK2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Came across this and thought I’d give a go on my A25, ran into another issue where the mouse doesn’t affect the point you are clicking on the screen when ANA2 is loaded in KK, the mouse pointer is affecting an area above where you are clicking, ANA1 works as expected.

Anyway, while trying to resolve that i came across this, it’s paid unlike the thread you posted above but it does have NKS files for ANA1/2 and Kick2 along with many and you can see what has been mapped to what.

1 Like
1 Like

Yea, that’s a possible alternative, just had a look at the link & website. Just to clarify for other users ( as it’s specified by the guy managing this ) this project is 100% not affiliated with NI or Sonic Academy or any other VST vendors.

So in case of trouble, you can’t expect to get any support from S.A here, besides other forum’s members gentle contribution in case they gave it a try too, just wanted to highlight this point, but it’s a good find that might interest others in need of NKS mapping & solution, so thanks for posting :wink:

Cheers !

1 Like

That’s cool Nathan! My Komplete Kontrol 88 has been on backorder for 2 weeks now and it’s driving me crazy! Anticipation Maximus! I’m going to grab that set for ANA 2 as soon as I get it, and then use that pack to figure out how to create custom sets! Thanks for the link!

1 Like

That’s because NI build each keys by hand, crafted with very secret & high standard German plastic… If you had ordered a 25 or 49 keyboard it would already be at home now, obviously, the 88 keys model is gonna take a lot of more time of course !

:smile: :slight_smile: All of that being an enormous & ridiculous joke from me BTW… Shame on me !! :blush:

1 Like

:joy::grin::laughing:

Oh Boy, new Toy …Time for some sleepless nights

So I was able to figure out how to create NKS compatible patches along with respective images and sound previews, but it looks as if creating custom NKS banks for ANA is a bit more complicated than I anticipated. After researching the NI Forums, its a process called “Bankchaining” which requires a bit of coding knowledge. I messaged Jason at Freelance Sound Labs for some direction, but I’m still researching further. Gonna be fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely toy indeed :slight_smile