Paolo Mojo - Kangiten Remix Contest with Sudbeat Music / 16

great work, imo Alex Andres made best use of the parts

1 Like

Excited to be a part of this :slight_smile: Was really fun putting this together! Best of luck to everyone involved.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Very happy to work on this remix! And good luck to all partecipants!

1 Like

good luck to all!!!

:clock7: LAST CALL only a few hours left to submit your tracks :clock7:

Limit for submission is 15 September 2018 07:00:00 UTC
passing that time you won’t be able to upload your remix.

Thanks to all participants & Good Luck to everyone !!

Had a great time working on this. I thought there were some outstanding mixes - I voted for quite a few! Many thanks for the votes and listens!!

Awesome remixes all! That was a great song to work with I think!

Was the closing date for this changed? I have the 14th October written down here and just seeing this now!

Hi @reiders

That was a typo error in the original closing date and this was actually corrected before the remix-comp end.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I can understand the disappointment if you did not submit your remix on time.

If you’re getting involve in future S.A remix-comp, please bear in mind that their duration should always
be 3 weeks long and not exceed this time frame.

There’s the new Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor “Timelapse” running on right now until 2018-10-05 06:00:00 UTC
( 5th October ), maybe it’s another opportunity to put your magic on this one :wink:

So the winners have been announced!
Well done to everyone involved! Extremely high standard again. Here is what Paolo had to say -:

My overall winner is
d rapsody remix
one of the best sounding mixes from a mix point of view and sound design, arrangement all very accomplished. Sticks to my chord progression but uses some great new instrumentation - the 5 note overlapping arpeggio is very effective, with slight modulation of the volume envelope (attack) giving some of those characteristic bodzin esque smears. The change up to C sharp I like a lot too. I think this is my overall winner.

second place
arcardia 87
I love the techniques in this mix - its just a shame the final mix has been over compressed and is brickwalling quite a bit - a more sympathetic mix on this and this could have won it. But I always listen first for the ideas, sound design and mix are secondary. Second place for me.

third place
dougglas and graynard
this is a nice job as well, as with many mixes it uses the major 7ths progression to shape an overall deeper vibe. kick is possibly poking out of the top of the mix slightly but a very minor thing. A great job overall.

Some honourable mentions…

axelara remix
I like the simplicity of this remix. It doesnt try too hard and the mix is balanced. the simple ‘rocker switch’ between F sharp and B lets it all bounce along effectively. Breakdown lacks a bit of confidence I think, could shape the portamento lead much more dynamically.

EANP mix
percussive rimshots and scattering hi hats drive this along with the counter pointing portamento lead (a common technique on some of these remixes, but this is the most effective use of it.)

james lochore
lovely liquid feel to this mix very deep but with a drive that comes from the 16ths in the bassline and a great balance overall.

Alex Andres
cascading 3/4 octave arpeggio idea is fun

1 Like

Congrats to the winners & all participants :wink:

@paolomojo the feedback on remixes is really valuable for everyone, thanks !